Auto Populate UD Table

Hello All,

So, I may be stepping outside of my areas of expertise here, but what I’m trying to do is have a UD Table auto-populated with specific fields from other table / forms. For instance, when you create a Pack Slip, the UD Table is automatically populated with the Sales Order Number, Tracking Number, Customer Name, Address, etc…

I’ve done a lot with BAQs in the past, and some things with the BPM before (like having fields on an existing table / form automatically set), but I have never worked with UD Tables before. I’ve been doing research online for a while now, and have tried a couple things, but it never seems to work. I can’t seem to find anything that walks me through the whole process.

Anyway, I realize I may be asking too much here, but if you could provide some direction for me, I would really appreciate it! If you need more details, please let me know.

One more comment: ultimately, what we will do with this information, is link it to our UPS Worldship software, so it can be populated from Epicor, and save us having to copy and paste the information. Just thought I’d give you some context.

Again, thank you very much for your time! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Eddie MacCready

You can do this using a Method Directive and BO Widgets. There are some examples of how to do this on this website. There is no code needed.

Thanks

Vinay Kamboj

1 Like

Vinay,

Thank you for the help! Would you be able to provide a link to the examples of how to do this that you’re referencing? Or can you let me know what precisely to search for?

Thanks again!

Eddie MacCready

Hi Edward

You can probably modify the Data Directive I posted here to achieve what you want.

Regards
Reon

1 Like

Try the following link or search for “insert-ud-table-records-from-a-bpm”

https://www.epiusers.help/t/insert-ud-table-records-from-a-bpm/41631

Vinay Kamboj

1 Like

Excellent, thank you! I’ll give it a shot!

Thanks Vinay! I’ll take a look at it!