Auto Print

Is it possible to use a Auto Print BPM and have it print to the clients default printer?

If I select Use Default Printer I get an error message saying ‘No printer found in the printer settings. Printer is optional only if Email or Fax settings are present’

I would hate to have to setup separate BPMs for all of our printers.

Hi Rich,
Did you ever find an answer to your question? I am in a similar situation I think. We have a few reports where the auto print functionality could be helpful, but not all forms are printed to different printers based on user, and like you, I do not want to set up separate BPMs for all printers.
Thank you

Hi Rich and James,
We too are in this situation. I also have an open case in EpiCare asking for the answer. We have three different shipping stations and need to be able to print the packing slip directly to each stations printer. Currently, we’re forced to preview it then print. We’re also a public cloud tenant which brings its own complexities. Anyone out there know how to print to a client’s default printer?

Best regards

1 Like

In a similar situation for receipt labels. We added all the label printers to Epicor printer maintenance, then made one BPM that had criteria for users. If a certain user triggered the BPM, then the auto print went to their printer.

Since our company is relatively small we were able to get away with this method.
bpm-printers

1 Like

Yes the only solution that I have for it is multiple conditions on the BPM. But the down fall to this method is anytime their printer is down they cannot switch printer, you have to change the BPM for them.

If anyone has another solution let me know.

Moving direct printing out of BPMs to a “Notification Service” is an enhancement request here. Vote for it if you think it would make your life easier.

1 Like

Just putting out the idea here…not tested…

But could the printer name be part of the user maintenance (LabelPrinter_c , ShippingPrinter_c , etc… , ud field ) and within the BPM you could read what printer to send it to pertainning to the current user logged in ?

Pierre

Isn’t the default printer the default printer for the workstation that the user is signed into? Assign each system it’s own workstation and set autoprint to default printer.

Update from Application Help:

Report Options Fields (BPM Workflow Designer > Other > Auto Print)

Use Default Printer

Choose this option to use the default printer defined in the current workstation (Workstation Maintenance) or the current company (Company Maintenance). The Auto Print action first looks for a default printer in the current workstation. If there is not default printer at the workstation level, the Auto Print action looks for a default printer at the company level.

2 Likes

If anyone wants to Print BT Label to File with the “Client Printers” you can. You are not limited to just GenShip, GenRcpt, GenInv… (this does not use Auto Print BPM)

Can you give me a breakdown of the fields and tables used here please?

if ttRcvDtl.OurQty > 0 AND ttRcvDtl.Received = true

Then it runs through the auto print rules. Some more info on the auto print option below: (Auto Print is one of the items you can drag from the left hand panes to the BPM workspace)

Much appreciated.