Auto Receive to Inventory Woes

Somehow I managed to make Auto Receive to Inventory work in E9. We are testing out E10 and are completely unable to make auto receipt to inventory work. It’s a simple MOM, one op (also marked final), one material, lot tracked part. I have set the default warehouse and primary bin. Our Lot options are set to use job number as lot default. I can’t seem to get the parts into inventory without doing a job receipt to inventory after the report qty is complete. What am I doing wrong / forgetting?

1 Like

Check your operations primary resource. I’m pretty sure Auto Move needs to be enabled.
Otherwise it should be going to the Material Queue, check your Material Queue for any MFG-STK transactions for the job.
While we are on the topic, often times the auto receipt hierarchy is questioned once it’s working, here is a blog post that may help as well:

http://www.alignedsolutionsconsulting.com/epicor/epicor-job-auto-receive-hierarchy/

-Rick

2 Likes

Rick, I read your blog post the other day when I first started having this problem. Very good stuff.

As you suggested, Auto Move was NOT checked. I checked it and now all is working as intended. Thanks again and send me a bill. :slight_smile:

1 Like

FYI - I updated my blog post to include the other required configurations for Job Auto Receipts to work properly. Should probably include that when explaining how Job Auto Receipts work.

-Rick

Hey Rick, a quick question:

For Auto-Receive if not Prim Bin and Warehouse has multiple Bins, will the part be Auto-Received into the first Alphanumeric ACTIVE Bin or the first Alphanumeric Bin?

Thanks,

Bob

@bobbea
It should be the first active bin alphanumerically for the Job’s Demand Warehouse.