AutoClockOut Employees

Hello we are trying to find a solution to clocking out employees automatically if they forget to clock out of a job at the end of the day ? we have setup shift paterns but this is purely for the reporting of the job activity during work hours as at the moment a job is saying it takes 21 hours but 11 hours is outside of the shift.

Lots of posts on this. Generally it is not advised, as it just propagates bad habits on the shop floor. We:

1. Have BPMs not allowing people to start/stop activities if they forgot to clock out the day before. Says a warning message “Hey you forgot to clock out yesterday. Clock out and back in”.
  2. Have a dashboard that shows bad punches.
  3. Have a grid on each MES station screen showing punch status of that station’s employees.
  4. Supervisors are trained to fix bad punches in employee time entry.
  5. Accounting trained to run capture with a few days lag to allow editing bad punches.

1&2 are pretty easy. 3 is a little tricky. 4&5 were the most difficult…

1 Like

I would be interested in the BPM not allowing people to start/stop activity if they forgot to clock out the day before. Let me know if you are willing to share.
Will this BPM work if there is a job stuck on the front screen of MES from a previous day? That is something else we run into when people do try to be good and clock out. A stuck job will prevent them until we unstick it.

Thanks so much!

Jill Schoedel

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks so much! We will try it out!!

Jill

Apologies I simplified our BPM too much for you, you’ll want these extra conditions to not trigger on other labordtl events.

#4&5 are the most effective long-term. The more bad punches, the more irritated the supervisor, who in turn will do more coaching of the employee. :wink: And if supervisors are required to fix all bad punches the next day, Accounting only needs a 1 day lag. Plus, puts more incentive on the supervisors to get their teams to punch correctly.

Supervisors should be trained to correct bad punches in any case, and can use Shop Tracker at the end of a shift to see who is still clocked in. If an employee doesn’t clock off a job the labor for that Op will be wrong and needs get fixed somewhere down the road. Better as soon as possible after it happens (Accounting departments don’t like Job Adjustments…).

We did it with a BAQ that returned all employees still clocked using the LaborHead table, in a format that could be uploaded into DMT to clock them off.

These were the column headers:

• Company
  • EmployeeNum
  • LaborHedSeq
  • ClockOutTime
  • ActiveTrans

The file was then loaded using DMT

This was all put into a Powershell script and run via Microsoft Scheduler.

This solutions pre dates functions being available, so now I would be looking to do this via a function and scheduling the function.