Automate Scanning Help needed

Here is my task, Make the Scan serial Number screen( found on Customer Shipment Entry) act more like the handheld form that allows you to scan in SN after SN for a selected Part. With a recent Company restructuring, we lost the Handheld Module ( we never adopted the Intermec handheld setup, instead we use either a wired or wireless scanner connected to our terminals) . In the past, I modified the Handheld Pack-out screen to be a little more tablet friendly. Now that we don’t have the Handheld module, that is no longer an option.

The only progress I could make was to enable the use Tab as Enter and program the scanner to send a CR suffix when scanning. This will get the focus to the Select button. After that, I am stymied.

My desire is to

1. Have the User scan the SN into the Serial Number textbox
  2. Have the Select button pressed ( to check if Valid SN)
  3. Once validated, return the focus to the Serial Number textbox( already will be blank via the Epicor process that runs.

I am familiar with Winforms and am aware of events, not sure it carries over specifically to “EpiForms”

Has anyone developed this ? I know this is soliciting an opinion but would I be better off adding the Handheld module to accomplish this ?

Thanks

Dean

Hi Dean!
This question came up in our company as well. We don’t use the handhel module but barcode scanners that act as a keyboard. Our shippers solved this problem by programming our barcode scanners in such a way, that they add ‘TAB’, ‘ENTER’, and a ‘CURSOR LEFT’ to each scanned serial number. It took them a while to find the right setting within the scanner though.

Best regards,
Thomas

NDI Europe GmbH
Güttinger Straße 37
D-78315 Radolfzell
Germany

Vielen Dank Herr Stolz,

I think that was what I am missing, the 'Cursor left ’ key.
I use to speak a little German years ago, never wrote it out though ( thank you Mr Google !!)

Dean

1 Like