Automatic document management

This OCR to Epicor is something that I really want. Cant wait to hear about the results.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Trzaska, Mark" <mtrzaska@...> wrote:
>
> I Will, I have been looking forward to this for a while now. I should have an answer in 2 weeks. I will keep you posted.
>
> Mark Trzaska
> Administrator
> Stanley Machining & Tool Corp.
> 425 Maple Avenue
> Carpentersville, IL 60110
> Phone (847) 426-4560
> Fax (847) 426-6951
> e-mail Mtrzaska@...<mailto:Mtrzaska@...>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
As anyone ever manage document automaticaly? I would need my user to scan their documents in a folder and then, they are automaticaly attached to the good place in epicor. For example, an incoming pack would be scan an place automatically with the receipt in Epicor...

I have APM, and I would like to know if there is anyway to do that...

Thanks
I've not gotten APM to read anything but print jobs from something like
crystal. It doesn't actually do OCR or anything so you have to pass it a
metadata spl file. It's a big bummer. We have used other programs to OCR
documents scanned in then put them in a search full text indexed location
to retrieve from epicor by certain keywords. so far mixed results on if it
works or not.

Joshua Giese

CTO

920.437.6400 Ext. 337

Site ID: 27450-E905700B2-SQL64

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of amelie.pelletier2
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 12:44 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Automatic document management

As anyone ever manage document automaticaly? I would need my user to scan
their documents in a folder and then, they are automaticaly attached to
the good place in epicor. For example, an incoming pack would be scan an
place automatically with the receipt in Epicor...

Thanks

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We alo have APM. Use it for e-mailing and faxing paperwork.

What we are currently using, for example, is Ominpage ultimate as our ocr software. When a sales order comes in (usually in a pdf or scanned in) we take that document and drop it into a drop box on our desktop. This creates the sales order within vantage and will attach a copy of the pdf to the order. Im sure the concept can work on other areas as well. Now, I wish I could say im doing this myself, But I have subcontracted this out. Should have working program in a week or so.

Hope that helps

Mark Trzaska
Administrator
Stanley Machining & Tool Corp.
425 Maple Avenue
Carpentersville, IL 60110
Phone (847) 426-4560
Fax (847) 426-6951
e-mail Mtrzaska@...<mailto:Mtrzaska@...>

Our truck drivers receive their Bills of Lading & Pack Slips via email (using APM). We have customized software that allows the documents to be signed and emailed back, where the documents are automatically attached to the appropriate invoice in the Epicor system by a Service Connect workflow. Our billing department then can approve to invoice from a customized menu, which (if there is a signed Pack Slip) allows invoicing with a click and save. We also have a path for the documents to be scanned and attached.

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of amelie.pelletier2
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:44 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Automatic document management

As anyone ever manage document automaticaly? I would need my user to scan their documents in a folder and then, they are automaticaly attached to the good place in epicor. For example, an incoming pack would be scan an place automatically with the receipt in Epicor...

Thanks

Wow, thank you so much for your answers! Mark, I'm going to look carefully that software, it seems to be exactly what I would need.... Please, when you'll have try it, tells me if it works as you wished!

>
> We alo have APM. Use it for e-mailing and faxing paperwork.
>
> What we are currently using, for example, is Ominpage ultimate as our ocr software. When a sales order comes in (usually in a pdf or scanned in) we take that document and drop it into a drop box on our desktop. This creates the sales order within vantage and will attach a copy of the pdf to the order. Im sure the concept can work on other areas as well. Now, I wish I could say im doing this myself, But I have subcontracted this out. Should have working program in a week or so.
>
> Hope that helps
>
> Mark Trzaska
> Administrator
> 425 Maple Avenue
> Phone (847) 426-4560
> Fax (847) 426-6951
>
>
>
>
We are looking to do the same with vendor invoices where the invoice comes into the system as a pdf or scanned document and it creates the invoice in Epicor905. Has anyone had success with this?

Thanks.
Tracey Roy
Network Administrator
The Dupps Company
937-855-6555

>
> We alo have APM. Use it for e-mailing and faxing paperwork.
>
> What we are currently using, for example, is Ominpage ultimate as our ocr software. When a sales order comes in (usually in a pdf or scanned in) we take that document and drop it into a drop box on our desktop. This creates the sales order within vantage and will attach a copy of the pdf to the order. Im sure the concept can work on other areas as well. Now, I wish I could say im doing this myself, But I have subcontracted this out. Should have working program in a week or so.
>
> Hope that helps
>
> Mark Trzaska
> Administrator
> 425 Maple Avenue
> Phone (847) 426-4560
> Fax (847) 426-6951
>
>
>
>
We are scanning source documents and attaching in Quote Entry, Sales Order Entry, Purchase Order (for acknowledgements), Customer Shipment Entry (Picklist with warehouse notes) and AR Invoices. Windows security prevents certain users from seeing attachments they shouldn't look at.

To make it easier for users, I added a button to the screens that renames the scanned file (in Sales Order for example to the Sales Order Number and customer ID) and automatically calls the Business Object to attach the document.

We found Kodak i1120 to be a good small scanner, reasonable cost, fairly reliable.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "tracey77775" <troy@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> We are looking to do the same with vendor invoices where the invoice comes into the system as a pdf or scanned document and it creates the invoice in Epicor905. Has anyone had success with this?
>
> Thanks.
> Tracey Roy
> Network Administrator
> The Dupps Company
> 937-855-6555
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Trzaska, Mark" <mtrzaska@> wrote:
> >
> > We alo have APM. Use it for e-mailing and faxing paperwork.
> >
> > What we are currently using, for example, is Ominpage ultimate as our ocr software. When a sales order comes in (usually in a pdf or scanned in) we take that document and drop it into a drop box on our desktop. This creates the sales order within vantage and will attach a copy of the pdf to the order. Im sure the concept can work on other areas as well. Now, I wish I could say im doing this myself, But I have subcontracted this out. Should have working program in a week or so.
> >
> > Hope that helps
> >
> > Mark Trzaska
> > Administrator
> > Stanley Machining & Tool Corp.
> > 425 Maple Avenue
> > Carpentersville, IL 60110
> > Phone (847) 426-4560
> > Fax (847) 426-6951
> > e-mail Mtrzaska@<mailto:Mtrzaska@>
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
Hi

Could you tell me a little bit more? The user scan the document. Is it saved alone at the good place? Are they in Epicor interface when they click the button for the name of the attachment? Do you have a little bit of code you could show me?

Thanks

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Sirow" <dansirow@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> We are scanning source documents and attaching in Quote Entry, Sales Order Entry, Purchase Order (for acknowledgements), Customer Shipment Entry (Picklist with warehouse notes) and AR Invoices. Windows security prevents certain users from seeing attachments they shouldn't look at.
>
> To make it easier for users, I added a button to the screens that renames the scanned file (in Sales Order for example to the Sales Order Number and customer ID) and automatically calls the Business Object to attach the document.
>
> We found Kodak i1120 to be a good small scanner, reasonable cost, fairly reliable.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "tracey77775" <troy@> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > We are looking to do the same with vendor invoices where the invoice comes into the system as a pdf or scanned document and it creates the invoice in Epicor905. Has anyone had success with this?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Tracey Roy
> > Network Administrator
> > The Dupps Company
> > 937-855-6555
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Trzaska, Mark" <mtrzaska@> wrote:
> > >
> > > We alo have APM. Use it for e-mailing and faxing paperwork.
> > >
> > > What we are currently using, for example, is Ominpage ultimate as our ocr software. When a sales order comes in (usually in a pdf or scanned in) we take that document and drop it into a drop box on our desktop. This creates the sales order within vantage and will attach a copy of the pdf to the order. Im sure the concept can work on other areas as well. Now, I wish I could say im doing this myself, But I have subcontracted this out. Should have working program in a week or so.
> > >
> > > Hope that helps
> > >
> > > Mark Trzaska
> > > Administrator
> > > Stanley Machining & Tool Corp.
> > > 425 Maple Avenue
> > > Carpentersville, IL 60110
> > > Phone (847) 426-4560
> > > Fax (847) 426-6951
> > > e-mail Mtrzaska@<mailto:Mtrzaska@>
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
>
I Will, I have been looking forward to this for a while now. I should have an answer in 2 weeks. I will keep you posted.

Mark Trzaska
Administrator
Stanley Machining & Tool Corp.
425 Maple Avenue
Carpentersville, IL 60110
Phone (847) 426-4560
Fax (847) 426-6951
e-mail Mtrzaska@...<mailto:Mtrzaska@...>