Automatically Clock Employees Out

We have employees forget to clock out at the end of the day. If it’s not caught, the next morning typically is off as well. Is there a way to automatically clock employees out if they aren’t clocked out by 8 pm or some set time? If they are in a job, I’d like it to log them out of the job and clock them out.

We can manually fix the times the next day.

Hi Meg

Take a look at this thread. It has a BAQ with aBPM in there I believe that auto clocks out MES users.

Thank you. I hadn’t found that thread yet. It looks to have a few helpful ideas.

There may be something in this study that could give you a few ideas. I did implement something based on it.

1 Like

@aclements wrote a PowerShell script and shared it on Clocking out employees automatically - #23 by Fernando that works great. I’d recommend taking a look at it.

I would challenge the reason you clock employees out automatically. If they can’t clock out properly, then time and quantity entries mean nothing… unless corrected. If you can’t rely on accurate clocking, then have labor backflush at standard and make all operations quantity only.
This, of course, is suggested only when you aren’t using Epicor payroll. Although, if you’re using Epicor payroll you wouldn’t be clocking people out automatically since you might be paying them for many extra hours they didn’t work :wink:
Jenn

3 Likes

What @JennL said!

we wrote a routine that we have scheduled to run at one minute past the end of each shift, which will close any labour bookings and clock any employee out in a shift that should of finished.

we had to create more shifts, for example morning overtime, days, evening overtime etc.

It works fine, the only problem being is the task agent does not account for daylight saving time