Automatically create an Order from a Quote (Push instead of pull)

Hi all! it’s my first post here, and I’m certainly not an expert in Epicor. I’m more of a newbie, but I’m trying to understand how the system works using a test company.

I’m trying to figure out how to automatically go from quote → order → job packet once a quote is marked as won. However, there doesn’t seem to be a way to mark a quote as won to generate a sales order and so on. I’m told that we have to create a sales order and then pull the quote information which will mark the quote as won. Is there a way to do a push method (quote → sales order → job packet) instead of a pull method (sales order ← quote)?

TIA!

I have never used Epicor 9 if that really is the version you are on but in 10.2.600 and probably most 10. versions and newer you can go from the Quote and flip it to a sales order but using the Action > Quote > Create Sales Order

1 Like

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! I’m using Epicor 9, and has the same functionality. I appreciate the advice.

Keep in mind in Epicor it’s not a 1:1 relationship between quote and order. You can create multiple orders from one quote, as in you quote the customer and they order repeatedly.

1 Like