Automatically Email BAQ Report

Hey Chris any luck? Did you make the report a system report through a process set?
--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Chris Thompson <chriselectrix@...> wrote:
>
> I will have to have a look as mine is scheduled all the time n
>
> Chris Thompson
>
> On 13 Jun 2013, at 20:57, "neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@...> wrote:
>
> > Chris,
> >
> > I schedule the print and it works great. i tried closing my vantage to see if it would still work and it didnt go through until i signed back in.
> >
> > Is there something you did to run it without being logged in.
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Chris Thompson <chriselectrix@> wrote:
> > >
> > > You shouldn't have to have a client logged in all the time. They should run on a schedule in the background.
> > >
> > > Chris Thompson
> > >
> > > On 12 Jun 2013, at 18:34, "Jennifer" <jlisser@> wrote:
> > >
> > > > It's been years since I set this up...so going off of memory
> > > >
> > > > I think what we had to do was have an Epicor client logged in at all times to run the scheduled reports. We had an admin server, so we launched the client on it and logged in with a service account we set up. That account was logged in at all times and had access to the reports. The APM printer was installed on that server and I believe it was set as the default. We then submitted the report for printing on that schedule and I believe sent the first print to the APM printer to get it selected.
> > > >
> > > > If that's what you already have set up - let me know what type of error you are getting.
> > > >
> > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > Hello All,
> > > > > So i read some threads in here about this subject but i am stuck. I have a BAQ report that i want to email on a daily basis. I set up my schedule and went to the report and scheduled it.
> > > > >
> > > > > All works except in the APM. When i schedule it it throws an error but when i print preview the report and then send it to the APM it works perfect. Am i missing a piece when i try to automatically send it to the APM printer? BAM?
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks Jose
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Hello All,
So i read some threads in here about this subject but i am stuck. I have a BAQ report that i want to email on a daily basis. I set up my schedule and went to the report and scheduled it.

All works except in the APM. When i schedule it it throws an error but when i print preview the report and then send it to the APM it works perfect. Am i missing a piece when i try to automatically send it to the APM printer? BAM?

Thanks Jose
It's been years since I set this up...so going off of memory

I think what we had to do was have an Epicor client logged in at all times to run the scheduled reports. We had an admin server, so we launched the client on it and logged in with a service account we set up. That account was logged in at all times and had access to the reports. The APM printer was installed on that server and I believe it was set as the default. We then submitted the report for printing on that schedule and I believe sent the first print to the APM printer to get it selected.

If that's what you already have set up - let me know what type of error you are getting.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@...> wrote:
>
> Hello All,
> So i read some threads in here about this subject but i am stuck. I have a BAQ report that i want to email on a daily basis. I set up my schedule and went to the report and scheduled it.
>
> All works except in the APM. When i schedule it it throws an error but when i print preview the report and then send it to the APM it works perfect. Am i missing a piece when i try to automatically send it to the APM printer? BAM?
>
> Thanks Jose
>
Thanks Jenifer. i have that setup. my problem is when i create a system agent schedule to automatically print it it goes through find in epicor but in my doc-link administrator it goes to the ERM folder under errors. It says no ERM document could have been found. Is that because its not save as a pdf or the format it comes out when i print preview it?

It works great when i print preview the report and then send it to the APM. i receive the email confirmation and see it in the doc-link administrator as sent.
--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer" <jlisser@...> wrote:
>
> It's been years since I set this up...so going off of memory
>
> I think what we had to do was have an Epicor client logged in at all times to run the scheduled reports. We had an admin server, so we launched the client on it and logged in with a service account we set up. That account was logged in at all times and had access to the reports. The APM printer was installed on that server and I believe it was set as the default. We then submitted the report for printing on that schedule and I believe sent the first print to the APM printer to get it selected.
>
> If that's what you already have set up - let me know what type of error you are getting.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@> wrote:
> >
> > Hello All,
> > So i read some threads in here about this subject but i am stuck. I have a BAQ report that i want to email on a daily basis. I set up my schedule and went to the report and scheduled it.
> >
> > All works except in the APM. When i schedule it it throws an error but when i print preview the report and then send it to the APM it works perfect. Am i missing a piece when i try to automatically send it to the APM printer? BAM?
> >
> > Thanks Jose
> >
>
No ERM document found usually means the identifier of the form is coming in at a different place when you print preview, then print versus when you direct print. So your margins are different in print preview versus direct print.

The Crystal Viewer uses the printer saved in the report first to preview, if it can't find that on your PC then it will render using your default printer.

I typically set the report to No Printer, and check "Dissociate Formatting Page Size and Printer Paper Size".

After that is done I would direct print to the APM Printer. If it gets rejected again, just adjust the ERM mapping to find the form identification. You'll probably have to adjust the other mappings to (e.g. your email).

Jenn

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@...> wrote:
>
>
> Thanks Jenifer. i have that setup. my problem is when i create a system agent schedule to automatically print it it goes through find in epicor but in my doc-link administrator it goes to the ERM folder under errors. It says no ERM document could have been found. Is that because its not save as a pdf or the format it comes out when i print preview it?
>
> It works great when i print preview the report and then send it to the APM. i receive the email confirmation and see it in the doc-link administrator as sent.
There is a great free software called Logicity (I think) that does this beautifully. You point it to a .rpt and point it to an XML that you schedule to export on whatever timetable you want. Then you tell Logicity to email that document to whoever at whatever time.

Chris Thompson

On 12 Jun 2013, at 15:30, "neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@...> wrote:

> Hello All,
> So i read some threads in here about this subject but i am stuck. I have a BAQ report that i want to email on a daily basis. I set up my schedule and went to the report and scheduled it.
>
> All works except in the APM. When i schedule it it throws an error but when i print preview the report and then send it to the APM it works perfect. Am i missing a piece when i try to automatically send it to the APM printer? BAM?
>
> Thanks Jose
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
You shouldn't have to have a client logged in all the time. They should run on a schedule in the background.

Chris Thompson

On 12 Jun 2013, at 18:34, "Jennifer" <jlisser@...> wrote:

> It's been years since I set this up...so going off of memory
>
> I think what we had to do was have an Epicor client logged in at all times to run the scheduled reports. We had an admin server, so we launched the client on it and logged in with a service account we set up. That account was logged in at all times and had access to the reports. The APM printer was installed on that server and I believe it was set as the default. We then submitted the report for printing on that schedule and I believe sent the first print to the APM printer to get it selected.
>
> If that's what you already have set up - let me know what type of error you are getting.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hello All,
> > So i read some threads in here about this subject but i am stuck. I have a BAQ report that i want to email on a daily basis. I set up my schedule and went to the report and scheduled it.
> >
> > All works except in the APM. When i schedule it it throws an error but when i print preview the report and then send it to the APM it works perfect. Am i missing a piece when i try to automatically send it to the APM printer? BAM?
> >
> > Thanks Jose
> >
>
>

Does anyone else not think doklink is so dated and messy to configure? It's about time Epicor had some built in features to do the job of doclink.

What fax software is everyone using. We are just usin ms fax but the user can't see if the fax sent or not. We wrote some code to check if it had sent but still not great.

Chris Thompson

On 12 Jun 2013, at 19:31, "neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@...> wrote:

>
> Thanks Jenifer. i have that setup. my problem is when i create a system agent schedule to automatically print it it goes through find in epicor but in my doc-link administrator it goes to the ERM folder under errors. It says no ERM document could have been found. Is that because its not save as a pdf or the format it comes out when i print preview it?
>
> It works great when i print preview the report and then send it to the APM. i receive the email confirmation and see it in the doc-link administrator as sent.
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer" <jlisser@...> wrote:
> >
> > It's been years since I set this up...so going off of memory
> >
> > I think what we had to do was have an Epicor client logged in at all times to run the scheduled reports. We had an admin server, so we launched the client on it and logged in with a service account we set up. That account was logged in at all times and had access to the reports. The APM printer was installed on that server and I believe it was set as the default. We then submitted the report for printing on that schedule and I believe sent the first print to the APM printer to get it selected.
> >
> > If that's what you already have set up - let me know what type of error you are getting.
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello All,
> > > So i read some threads in here about this subject but i am stuck. I have a BAQ report that i want to email on a daily basis. I set up my schedule and went to the report and scheduled it.
> > >
> > > All works except in the APM. When i schedule it it throws an error but when i print preview the report and then send it to the APM it works perfect. Am i missing a piece when i try to automatically send it to the APM printer? BAM?
> > >
> > > Thanks Jose
> > >
> >
>
>

I am using PDF Explode (PDFeXPLODE)

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Chris Thompson
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:45 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Re: Automatically Email BAQ Report

Does anyone else not think doklink is so dated and messy to configure? It's about time Epicor had some built in features to do the job of doclink.

What fax software is everyone using. We are just usin ms fax but the user can't see if the fax sent or not. We wrote some code to check if it had sent but still not great.

Chris Thompson

On 12 Jun 2013, at 19:31, "neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@... <mailto:neverunmacron%40yahoo.com> > wrote:

>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> , "Jennifer" <jlisser@...> wrote:
> >
> >
> > I think what we had to do was have an Epicor client logged in at all times to run the scheduled reports. We had an admin server, so we launched the client on it and logged in with a service account we set up. That account was logged in at all times and had access to the reports. The APM printer was installed on that server and I believe it was set as the default. We then submitted the report for printing on that schedule and I believe sent the first print to the APM printer to get it selected.
> >
> > If that's what you already have set up - let me know what type of error you are getting.
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> , "neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello All,
> > > So i read some threads in here about this subject but i am stuck. I have a BAQ report that i want to email on a daily basis. I set up my schedule and went to the report and scheduled it.
> > >
> > > All works except in the APM. When i schedule it it throws an error but when i print preview the report and then send it to the APM it works perfect. Am i missing a piece when i try to automatically send it to the APM printer? BAM?
> > >
> > > Thanks Jose
> > >
> >
>
>

Sorry PDF Explode (PDFeXPLODE) sending to NET SatisFAXtion

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:05 AM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Re: Automatically Email BAQ Report

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ] On Behalf Of Chris Thompson
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

Chris Thompson

On 12 Jun 2013, at 19:31, "neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@... <mailto:neverunmacron%40yahoo.com> <mailto:neverunmacron%40yahoo.com> > wrote:

>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> , "Jennifer" <jlisser@...> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> , "neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello All,
> > >
> > >
> > > Thanks Jose
> > >
> >
>
>

I use Win Automation to do this type of stuff. Works well.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:05 AM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Re: Automatically Email BAQ Report

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ] On Behalf Of Chris Thompson
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

Chris Thompson

On 12 Jun 2013, at 19:31, "neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@... <mailto:neverunmacron%40yahoo.com> <mailto:neverunmacron%40yahoo.com> > wrote:

>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> , "Jennifer" <jlisser@...> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> , "neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello All,
> > >
> > >
> > > Thanks Jose
> > >
> >
>
>

thank you all.
I do feel like doc-linksometimes could be tricky. I got it to work! Jennifer you were correct! the document identifier was off mark from when i print preview it!

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Vic Drecchio" <vic.drecchio@...> wrote:
>
> I use Win Automation to do this type of stuff. Works well.
>
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Steve
> Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:05 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: RE: [Vantage] Re: Automatically Email BAQ Report
>
>
>
>
>
> I am using PDF Explode (PDFeXPLODE)
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ] On Behalf Of Chris Thompson
> Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:45 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: Re: [Vantage] Re: Automatically Email BAQ Report
>
> Does anyone else not think doklink is so dated and messy to configure? It's about time Epicor had some built in features to do the job of doclink.
>
> What fax software is everyone using. We are just usin ms fax but the user can't see if the fax sent or not. We wrote some code to check if it had sent but still not great.
>
> Chris Thompson
>
> On 12 Jun 2013, at 19:31, "neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@... <mailto:neverunmacron%40yahoo.com> <mailto:neverunmacron%40yahoo.com> > wrote:
>
> >
> > Thanks Jenifer. i have that setup. my problem is when i create a system agent schedule to automatically print it it goes through find in epicor but in my doc-link administrator it goes to the ERM folder under errors. It says no ERM document could have been found. Is that because its not save as a pdf or the format it comes out when i print preview it?
> >
> > It works great when i print preview the report and then send it to the APM. i receive the email confirmation and see it in the doc-link administrator as sent.
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> , "Jennifer" <jlisser@> wrote:
> > >
> > > It's been years since I set this up...so going off of memory
> > >
> > > I think what we had to do was have an Epicor client logged in at all times to run the scheduled reports. We had an admin server, so we launched the client on it and logged in with a service account we set up. That account was logged in at all times and had access to the reports. The APM printer was installed on that server and I believe it was set as the default. We then submitted the report for printing on that schedule and I believe sent the first print to the APM printer to get it selected.
> > >
> > > If that's what you already have set up - let me know what type of error you are getting.
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> , "neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Hello All,
> > > > So i read some threads in here about this subject but i am stuck. I have a BAQ report that i want to email on a daily basis. I set up my schedule and went to the report and scheduled it.
> > > >
> > > > All works except in the APM. When i schedule it it throws an error but when i print preview the report and then send it to the APM it works perfect. Am i missing a piece when i try to automatically send it to the APM printer? BAM?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks Jose
> > > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Chris,

I schedule the print and it works great. i tried closing my vantage to see if it would still work and it didnt go through until i signed back in.

Is there something you did to run it without being logged in.
--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Chris Thompson <chriselectrix@...> wrote:
>
> You shouldn't have to have a client logged in all the time. They should run on a schedule in the background.
>
> Chris Thompson
>
> On 12 Jun 2013, at 18:34, "Jennifer" <jlisser@...> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello All,
> > >
> > >
> > > Thanks Jose
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
>
I will have to have a look as mine is scheduled all the time n

Chris Thompson

On 13 Jun 2013, at 20:57, "neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@...> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> I schedule the print and it works great. i tried closing my vantage to see if it would still work and it didnt go through until i signed back in.
>
> Is there something you did to run it without being logged in.
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Chris Thompson <chriselectrix@...> wrote:
> >
> > You shouldn't have to have a client logged in all the time. They should run on a schedule in the background.
> >
> > Chris Thompson
> >
> > On 12 Jun 2013, at 18:34, "Jennifer" <jlisser@...> wrote:
> >
> > > It's been years since I set this up...so going off of memory
> > >
> > > I think what we had to do was have an Epicor client logged in at all times to run the scheduled reports. We had an admin server, so we launched the client on it and logged in with a service account we set up. That account was logged in at all times and had access to the reports. The APM printer was installed on that server and I believe it was set as the default. We then submitted the report for printing on that schedule and I believe sent the first print to the APM printer to get it selected.
> > >
> > > If that's what you already have set up - let me know what type of error you are getting.
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Hello All,
> > > > So i read some threads in here about this subject but i am stuck. I have a BAQ report that i want to email on a daily basis. I set up my schedule and went to the report and scheduled it.
> > > >
> > > > All works except in the APM. When i schedule it it throws an error but when i print preview the report and then send it to the APM it works perfect. Am i missing a piece when i try to automatically send it to the APM printer? BAM?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks Jose
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>

I would also be interested in knowing how you did this without having to
be logged in.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of neverunmacron
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:58 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Automatically Email BAQ Report

Chris,

I schedule the print and it works great. i tried closing my vantage to
see if it would still work and it didnt go through until i signed back
in.

Is there something you did to run it without being logged in.
--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ,
Chris Thompson <chriselectrix@...> wrote:
>
> You shouldn't have to have a client logged in all the time. They
should run on a schedule in the background.
>
> Chris Thompson
>
> On 12 Jun 2013, at 18:34, "Jennifer" <jlisser@...> wrote:
>
> >
> > I think what we had to do was have an Epicor client logged in at all
times to run the scheduled reports. We had an admin server, so we
launched the client on it and logged in with a service account we set
up. That account was logged in at all times and had access to the
reports. The APM printer was installed on that server and I believe it
was set as the default. We then submitted the report for printing on
that schedule and I believe sent the first print to the APM printer to
get it selected.
> >
> > If that's what you already have set up - let me know what type of
error you are getting.
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ,
"neverunmacron" <neverunmacron@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello All,
> > > So i read some threads in here about this subject but i am stuck.
I have a BAQ report that i want to email on a daily basis. I set up my
schedule and went to the report and scheduled it.
> > >
> > > All works except in the APM. When i schedule it it throws an error
but when i print preview the report and then send it to the APM it works
perfect. Am i missing a piece when i try to automatically send it to the
APM printer? BAM?
> > >
> > > Thanks Jose
> > >
> >
> >
>
>