BAQ Dataview Example Video

I’m adding it to the part tracker. I have a custom EpiDataView that I store the customer data in, I have bound textboxes as well to make sure they are properly populated. The data refreshes when I put a new part in, but it doesn’t care about changing the CustID (or CustNum) field. I have a feeling I’m misunderstanding something which would explain it.

You could remove the customer ID publish/subscribe relations and do a post filter.

trkCustomerPricingBAQDV.dataView.RowFilter = String.Format("Customer_CustID= '{0}'", insert_customer_ID_here);

I did try that. The query is pretty intense, so I have changed it to a parameterized query where I just get one row back. It takes 1/10th the time. I was just hoping I could figure out something about this because this way is much easier.

I just had an interesting problem with a BAQ Dataview that was subscribed to two fields.
On a UD screen I am storing CustNum_c and ShipToNum_c and retrieving information about the shipto with a BAQ dataview. Everything worked great 90% of the time, but occasionally while moving through records the BAQ data view would not refresh correctly. It didn’t seem to be related to any specific records since sometimes I could leave a record and return to it and it would be ok. I have two other BAQ daviews with a single publish/subscribe relation that work 100% of the time. My work around was to change the my baq dataview to use the SysRowId of the UD table for the publish/subscribe relation.

Has anyone seen similar issues with subscribing to multiple fields?

My first guess as to the cause of your problem was that ShipToNum can be blank. In fact, I think when a Customer record is first created, a ShipTo record with a blank SipToNum will be created. If it’s not when the customer is first created, then it might be when the first ShipTo (which becomes the second ShipTo record for the customer) is created.

Does you BAQ handle that condition okay?

It works fine with the blank shipto records and correctly returns the data for the blank shipto record. The one that I dug completely the BAQ dataview appeared to have only filtered on the CustNum and not the ship to. While debugging I could see the publisher was correctly publishing the shipTo in oTrans, but the BAQ had returned all the records for that customer and did not filter the ship to even thought there was a matching shipto record in the dataview. Changing the shipto and changing it back would correctly refresh the BAQ Dataview. I only saw the issue when loading multiple records at once and using the record select arrows to move between records.

Hi. I am trying to replace the grid in Opportunity/Quote Entry > Line > Manufacturing > Details > Quote Details > Materials > List with a BAQ Data View. Reason being we want to see fields like QtyOnHand and several other fields from different tables for each part in the current quote. Following from the advice in this post I have created a BAQ and managed the below code.

Problem is the list view is now showing me a list of quotes just the one part is in. I need all the parts showing. This must have something to do with needing to filter by the QuoteHed.QuoteNum?

Any help much appreciated - I’m a beginner!
Thanks

using Ice.Lib.Broadcast;

public class Script
{

BAQDataView baqViewMatGrid;

public void InitializeCustomCode()
{

CreateMatGridBAQView();
}

public void CreateMatGridBAQView()
{
	baqViewMatGrid = new BAQDataView ("JSL-QuoteMtlOnHandBAQView");
	oTrans.Add("MaterialsGridBAQ",baqViewMatGrid);

string pubBinding = "JobMtl.PartNum";
	IPublisher pub = oTrans.GetPublisher(pubBinding);
	if(pub==null)
		{
			string pubName = Guid.NewGuid().ToString();
			oTrans.PublishColumnChange(pubBinding, "MyCustomerPublishMatGrid");
			pub = oTrans.GetPublisher(pubBinding);
		}

if(pub !=null)
		baqViewMatGrid.SubscribeToPublisher(pub.PublishName,"QuoteMtl_PartNum");
}

This is great! Thank you so much for sharing! I am trying to implement this solution on a custom dashboard. How do I know which values to enter for pub1Binding? You can see I am trying to link to text box values and combo box values.

public void CreateEcoRevOpsBAQDV()
	{

ecoRevOpsBAQDV = new BAQDataView("getPartRevOpECO"); //baq name
		oTrans.Add("EcoRevOpsBAQDV",ecoRevOpsBAQDV); 
		string pub1Binding = "txtMyPart.Text"; //Native form linking field 1
		IPublisher pub1 = oTrans.GetPublisher(pub1Binding);
		if(pub1==null) 
		{ 
			oTrans.PublishColumnChange(pub1Binding, pubName);
			pub1 = oTrans.GetPublisher(pub1Binding);
		} 
		if(pub1 !=null) 
			ecoRevOpsBAQDV.SubscribeToPublisher(pub1.PublishName, "ECORev_PartNum"); //BAQ linking field 1

string pub2Binding = "revCombo.Text"; //Native form linking field 2
		IPublisher pub2 = oTrans.GetPublisher(pub2Binding);
		if(pub2==null) 
		{ 
			oTrans.PublishColumnChange(pub2Binding, pubName);
			pub2 = oTrans.GetPublisher(pub2Binding);
		} 
		if(pub2 !=null) 
			ecoRevOpsBAQDV.SubscribeToPublisher(pub2.PublishName, "ECORev_RevisionNum");//BAQ linking field 2

}

It is the name of the DataView/Field where the values come from. So lookk at your grid and see what EpiBinding and use that plus the field name.

1 Like

Perfect! I had to switch mine to “V_EditAnyOp_1View.PartRev_PartNum”. I also forgot to remove the parameters from my BAQ. I had removed the criteria but left the parameters. Once I removed them and fixed the syntax, this works great! Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

I am trying to use this bit of code to manually refresh my BAQDataView:

private void CheckForCheckedOut(BAQDataView myBAQDV)
	{
		if (myBAQDV.dataView.Count > 0)
		{
			//MessageBox.Show("Checked Out!");
			ecoUltraGrid.Visible=true;
			lblCheckedOutWarning.Visible = true;
			MethodInfo mi = myBAQDV.GetType().GetMethod("invokeExecute", BindingFlags.Instance | BindingFlags.NonPublic);
   		 mi.Invoke(myBAQDV , new object[]{ true });
		}
		else
		{
			ecoUltraGrid.Visible=false;
			lblCheckedOutWarning.Visible = false;
		}
	}

This bit of code is called anytime a relevant field is changed (ValueChanged). But I keep getting an error on the methodinfo bit that is supposed to refresh my BAQ View.

Application Error

Exception caught in: App.EditAnyOp.MainController.EP.VTAERO.Customization.Custom2.CustomCode.59

Error Detail 
============
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Program: App.EditAnyOp.MainController.EP.VTAERO.Customization.Custom2.CustomCode.59.dll
Method: CheckForCheckedOut

Client Stack Trace 
==================
   at Script.CheckForCheckedOut(BAQDataView myBAQDV)
   at Script.V_EditAnyOp_1View_AfterRowChange(EpiRowChangedArgs args)
   at Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiRowChanged.Invoke(EpiRowChangedArgs args)
   at Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiDataView.RaiseRowChanged(Int32 currentRow, Int32 lastRow)
   at Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiDataView.onRowChanged(Int32 currentRow, Int32 lastRow)
   at Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiDataView.SetCurrentRow(Int32 newRow, Boolean currentRowOnly)
   at Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiUltraGrid.OnBeforeCellActivated(Object sender, CancelableCellEventArgs ea)

I am using reflection. Is there something else I am missing?
Thanks!
Nate

I had the case wrong. It should be “InvokeExecute”. Thanks to an old post from Jose!

I know you showed me how to use an EPIBinding here, but is there any way to link to a unbound text field? For example:

public void CreateEcoRevOpsBAQDV()
	{
		ecoRevOpsBAQDV = new BAQDataView("getPartRevOpECO"); //baq name
		oTrans.Add("EcoRevOpsBAQDV",ecoRevOpsBAQDV); 
		string pub1Binding = txtPartNum.Text; //Native form linking field 1
		IPublisher pub1 = oTrans.GetPublisher(pub1Binding);
		if(pub1==null) 
		{ 
			oTrans.PublishColumnChange(pub1Binding, pubName);
			pub1 = oTrans.GetPublisher(pub1Binding);
		} 
		if(pub1 !=null) 
			ecoRevOpsBAQDV.SubscribeToPublisher(pub1.PublishName, "ECORev_PartNum"); //BAQ linking field 1

string pub2Binding = cmbRevNum.Text; //Native form linking field 2
		IPublisher pub2 = oTrans.GetPublisher(pub2Binding);
		if(pub2==null) 
		{ 
			oTrans.PublishColumnChange(pub2Binding, pubName);
			pub2 = oTrans.GetPublisher(pub2Binding);
		} 
		if(pub2 !=null) 
			ecoRevOpsBAQDV.SubscribeToPublisher(pub2.PublishName, "ECORev_RevisionNum");//BAQ linking field 2

}

I want to link to my unbound text box, txtPartNum, and BAQ combo, cmbRevNum. Is this kind of thing possible? Thanks!
Nate

1 Like

I have added a BAQ DataView to the TimePhase screen.
Unfortunately however the BAQ DataView does not always change when a new Part Number is entered within the screen.
When I launch Time Phase using open with - the data is always correct but if I remain inside the screen and change the PartNumber is doesn’t always refresh the data view.
Is there a way to ‘force’ an update everytime the PartNum is changed?
Roberto

What are you binding to in the code?

string pubBinding = "???.PartNum";

We use the Misc.PartNum on our customizations and it works when you switch part numbers.

I am using:
string pubBinding = “Part.PartNum”;

I have changed to:
string pubBinding = “Misc.PartNum”;

Now seems to be working - the behavior is inconsistent when you use Part.PartNum - it would work only sometimes.

If you look at the properties of that field when you’re in the customization box, it shows that it is bound to Misc.PartNum which is why it works more consistently.

Indeed - very odd.
I didn’t think about checking that field for the binding.
Hopefully now it will work as expected.
Thanks for the assistance - much appreciated.

Apologies for bumping this older thread… but I’m trying to get this to work by adding a UltraGrid to a custom dashboard “tracker view”. Unfortunately, when I attempted to add the code, I only have “public static class”. I receive an error that I cannot declare instance members in a static class.

Can I simply add a public class to the script editor to get it to work?

@dcamlin , are you trying to do this in dashboard maintenance? Or did you deploy it an create a proper customization? You have to create a customization to do this, as the dashboard maintenance thing can only do limited customizations.

Yeah… I just stumbled on another post recommending that as well. My apologies for duplicating errors others have already addressed. I WAS attempting to do this within Dashboard Maint. I will switch over and attempt as a customization.