BAQ Export Process output location

Select your BAQ and click Submit. Look at the system monitor to see that the report is completed and to see the location it gets saved to. In my case I went to Server File Download, changed the drop down to Company, and my report was in there under my name.

Thank you, Nate. I was able to access the file this way, however I am trying to automate this export process. Is this possible? I have the BAQ export process scheduled to run each night but cannot find the export file.

ServerFileDownload is available via a REST endpoint, so you can still automate the download - especially if the file name is constant.

You will find examples of people here on the list calling endpoints from PowerShell.

1 Like

BTW, you can skip the entire BAQ Export Process by calling the BAQSvc via REST and directly download the results. Again, examples can be found here on the list.

1 Like

Thanks, Mark

This is all pretty new to me but my end goal is to bring information into Power BI. Maybe this method is not the easiest or correct to begin with.

I have been struggling with connecting Epicor with Power BI using an Odata source… so I turned to this.

You may want to look at what @Camren360 did here:

Anonymous does not work so I choose basic, enter my credentials and am prompted with this image:

Here is the URL I am attempting to use:
https://centralusdtpilot50.epicorsaas.com/SaaS5107Pilot/api/v2/odata/{COMPANY}/BaqSvc/{BAQ}/Data?api-key={API}

Do you have your api key linked to an access scope?

API Key Maintenance Access Scope Field is blank.

Silly question, but you’ve replaced {COMPANY}, {BAQ}, and {API} with your values?

Yes, of course :joy:

Create an access scope, add your BAQ, and then add it to your API Key. See if that fixes it.

Can you get to the BAQ Swagger page and execute your BAQ there?

https://yourhost/instance/apps/resthelp/#/home

Yes, I can access and run the BAQ in the Swagger page.

This did not fix it.

How are you trying to run it? In a browser window or PowerShell?

is the api-key enabled and not expired? Is it your BAQ, if it is someone else BAQ is it shared?

I don’t usually encounter this error often and when I do it is my own doing lol

Unsure of what you mean but I am running Swagger through a browser. I ultimately want to access the BAQ through Power BI.

Yes, the API key is enabled and the BAQ is a test BAQ I made.

Are there any specifics when entering the URL in Power BI I am not aware of that I may be missing?

When you are pulling this in power query are you doing it with through a web query or an odata query?

Very important to use the “From Web” option with Microsoft Power Query as REST v2 has problems with odata