BAQ Regex Syntax Help

I’m trying to create table criteria using regex, there’s a bunch of other things I’m trying to grab, like descriptions with PO # [PONum], PO#[PONum], PO [PONum], etc. because (unfortunately) the descriptions were entered by different people over several years and they’re not very consistent.

Usually I would use something like metacharacters, which work when using the grid filter, but this doesn’t seem to work for the table criteria. Ideally I could filter whole words with something like ‘\bPO\b’, but I can’t in this case.
So far I’ve got two regex expressions, ’
%PO[ 0-9][ 0-9][ 0-9][ 0-9][ 0-9]’ or ‘%PO%[ #][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]’,
but there are still some results left out and some results that shouldn’t be included (words like Power and Depot make it through).

I’d appreciate any feedback, I can’t seem to find out what “flavor” of regex BAQs want me to use. I believe BAQs use regex for T-SQL, but what syntax should I be following?

SQL Server doesn’t natively support regex. You’re stuck with LIKE syntax in SQL Server, which is pretty limited in relation to regex. That’s no complaint - in SQL flavors that include regex support in queries it can be a real boat anchor on query peformance.