BAQ Report Custom Filter

I found an older post on this topic but I need additional advice.

I am trying to get a UD field on the EmpBasic table to show as a filter for my BAQ report. I have set up the context menu and the Display field attributes as described, but when I preview the Classic form for the BAQ report I get nothing on the Filter tab:

What am I missing to cause this not to show up? I can see the filter in the report designer form:

The labor code box shows up on the Selection tab but I have no idea why nothing shows on the Filter tab.
Any ideas?

Did you choose the criteria set when making the menu item?

I’m not sure I understand what you are asking. Which menu item? When I have changed the filter to EmpID I see the Filter form has data when I preview it using Preview Classic Form in the BAQ Report Designer. But when I change it to my UD field nothing shows on the Filter tab as seen above.

If you are referring to the Context Menu, I added the Search Form information like this:

I might have thrown you a red herring… I should have said in the Report Style.

My Report Style doesn’t have a Report Criteria field

Okay. This a real BAQ Report. I was thinking of the newer version that uses an RDD instead of a BAQ.

Does the filter tab work when previewing the form in BAQ Report Designer?

No, that is the problem. When I preview it the Filter tab is blank.

I guess I can try to set it up with an RDD, but it was easier to create it as a BAQ report.

Looks like you were slightly more successful than I was a few years back. I couldn’t even get the field name to show when trying to add a filter in the BAQ Report designer.

P.S. - Don’t bother reading far into that topic as my problem was never solved.

I tried creating an RDD using the same BAQ, adding in the UD field for the filter. When I try to preview the form I get the following error:

Not sure what I am doing wrong. When I click OK the form opens but the filter tab is still blank.

Does the field you want to use show in the drop down of the Filter column?

I don’t think you can add UD fields as filters. You can add them as prompts but not filters. If you really need a list where you can select multiple values I think you need a BAQ view and some code or something.
I would also look at something easier - having it as a prompt and then change the dropdown properties so you can select multiple values - it that’s the thing you’re looking for. Not sure if it’s possible though.

I decided to pass the list of codes into the report parameters character01 as an option field. I then used the show/hide property for the group in the SSRS report to only show the ones in the list. If the list is blank it returns all. Not the best solution but it works and the person asking for the report is happy with it.

Used this topic here and managed to get it working. Below example for part list BAQ with Part.ShortChar02 linked to UD25.Key1 as filter (not sure if all steps below are really required):

1. Add BAQ + param and set the filter:

1. Add context menu entries (not sure if the Base Form entry is needed - i just put a random value there)

1. Set like property for Part.ShortChar02 (UD column maintenance)

1. Probably what’s missing from the original post: stop task agents, restart app server, recycle app pool, start task agents back

2. Add RDD and add the BAQ above as source:

1. Add new criteria set and set it as default:

1. Go to New - New Report Criteria filer - Part.ShortChar02 will be there: