BAQ Report Filter field

Do the fileds from Warehouse and PartCost not show because they are on the 3rd level? Or for some other reason?

If PartCost.PartNum was an included field, would PartCost_PartNum, show in the dropdown list?

Some other reason, since the PartBin fields show up at the same level as PartCost.
Just a guess, but I always thought it had something to do with the way tables are chained together… where at some point the system ignores the tables “key” fields.

Probably doesn’t answer your question but I still refer to this this old copy of a schema (that someone was nice enough to upload to the Yahoo site)
when I’m chaining part tables together in BAQs.

PartTables.pdf (59.5 KB)

2 Likes

Nice find. I may have that printed on bronze, and hang it on my wall.

just need to add PartLot table to this nice schema

Again, from the old Yahoo sites file section…
Another schema I reference from DotNet, includes the PartLot table, and more.

Part.pdf (277.5 KB)

2 Likes

nice one pal, that is a comprehensive one (treasure map):slight_smile:

and sorry to ask, is this an old archive site or what ???

It was a members only Yahoo Group

EDIT:

And it looks like a few people still use it (seeing posts in October & November)

1 Like

Yes, the old Vantage group was hosted by Yahoo.
All the threads were migrated to this site but the none of the files.
A little dated now but still has some good stuff.

Not sure new accounts are being accepted, or if you’d be able to access files.

Nobody is moderating over there I doubt a new account would be accepted. All the info should be here (except the files) however they are for the most part old and obsolete even the schemas would be out of date for the most part.

1 Like

@bordway @ckrusen thanks for explaining this guys.

@josecgomez yes you are right, old schemas will be out of date as Bruce and Calvin mentioned on the thread, it just a start point then who ever need it can update it accordingly to serve his use.

1 Like

Yes, wondering if you’ve ever seen any schema layout sheets for E10 directly from Epicor?

The I only one I saw from Epicor was a long time ago & that was for Clientele.
I’m a big fan of schema layouts (and processing flow charts).

There are simply way too many tables in Epicor for a proper ERD… There are a few that exist but are pretty awful
Here’s this one
https://epidd.wcibags.com/ERD/

2 Likes

Thanks for the example.

Oh my… you aren’t kidding.

infinite thanks @josecgomez, for me this is a gold mine, i agree it is awful but very valuable :slight_smile:

I didn’t see a resolution to the original question - which is what controls who shows up in the BAQReport designer FILTER tab. Did i miss it?

@ckrusen @amaragni

See this thread for a UD Example.

So what limits it, is has to be a field that has a LIKE property and that LIKE Property lets say Part.PartNum has to have a “context menu” configured w/ a Base Search.

So you can add your own, but obviously Key fields usually have one. But lets say if you are using “Character10” and it is a PartNum field in your BAQ, you can modify the properties in the BAQ Designer (attributes) and assign a LIKE Part.PartNum property.

2018-05-31_1248

3 Likes

Thank you @hkeric.wci - That works!

1 Like