BAQ Report Parameter - Help Needed

I have built a baq that has a parameter for a date field that is plugged into a subquery. When I create the BAQ report and add an option field for reportparam_date01 and run the baq report I get no results back. What steps am I missing to link the parameter in my baq to the parameter in the baq report designer?

Is the field a custom field or a standard field on a table in the BAQ?

If you open your .rdl in a text editor like Notepad++, you can add the field under your SQL select statement under the BAQReportResult dataset. You then also want to make sure that you add it as a field option in the fields section.

I see you are talking about the actual parameters in a BAQ that you can add. I haven’t done it personally, but it is probably similar.

Edit:
You may need to add the table onto the SQL statement. Alternatively, I sometimes will create a new BAQ Report with that query, download a fresh copy of the standard report generated, and then copy over the inclusions in the sql statements.

BAQ Report has been surpassed by creating it through a RDD. See this below thread for more information.

1 Like

@cfinley,

Hey, I’m trying to recreate what they did and I’m not getting the parameter field to pull in. I created a new RDD and pulled in my baq. Then I added a criteria set and linked it to the criteria on the baq. Once that is done is where I start to struggle. I cannot make a new report in report style maintenance as it just gives me an error saying that it doesn’t exist on the server. How do I create a new report when on a cloud system? I tried copying an existing report and blowing out all its data def and report items then synced the new rdd to that report but it still fails to bring in the Parameter. Thanks for the help I just need a little help getting this going!

When you initially create the RDD with the BAQ inside of it, there should be entries in the below screen assuming you have parameters inside of your BAQ. Click the checkboxes on all the parameters you want to show on the print screen and select the control type. This will automatically create the Filter or Prompt depending on what you wanted.

Once inside of the Report Style screen. You create a New > New report, then fill out your details. Once you select a Data Definition that contains your parameters and click save, a new dropdown will appear. Select your Report Criteria set, and you should be on your way.

You probably cant do this by using the Actions> Copy report style, method.

Can you circumvent this error initially by pointing to a known report path? once you get the report criteria box to appear after saving, can you point the report style to a new path?

@cfinley,

How did you make those criteria mandatory? That option is greyed out for me.

You have to set the parameters as mandatory inside the BAQ

@cfinley,
That fixed that issue. I am still unable to create a report. I followed the instructions listed here:

https://help.epicor.com/erp/102700/enu/standard/snm_enu.htmVersion=3.2.700.0#Imp_Reporting/BAQCreateReportCriteriaSet_AddMapping.html

and receive the error below:

I put in a ticket with Epicor to try and figure out why this is happening but no dice thus far. Any other suggestions to try and get past this?

After you click new report in report style, you cant save the record? is that the issue? Or is that when you try to run the report?

I can save it. I just can’t download, upload, or sync dataset.

Have you tried creating a blank report in report builder and saving it to your desktop under a folder with that exact path?

1. Create windows folder structure to mirror the one you entered in the report style screen. Desktop > reports > customreports > randomfoldername > {report will be saved here}
  2. In report builder save a blank report in the new folder path
  3. In Report Style try to upload your report by clicking Actions > Upload. Select Desktop and Epicor should be able to find your report. assuming your folder structure matches what you specified in ReportPath field

Is this option available for you? it didn’t work on my version, but curious to see on others

1 Like

THAT DID IT! That option was greyed out when I was creating it but now is active and seems to have worked!

1 Like