Is there a way to add table or BAQ to a BAQ Report

I would like to add a table or BAQ to a BAQ Report. I see there is a tab in the BAQ Report Data Definition called “Report BAQ”. That looks promising - but i have not figured out how to use it.

Can it even be done - can we add a separate table or BAQ to a BAQ Report that could be used for Subreports?

Thanks,
DaveO

I havent done it, but according to some rumors I heard from @hkeric.wci this is something that is possible in some of the later verisons. My understanding is that each baq comes in as a seperate dataset you can use however you like.

Mr. Chris: I would love to learn how to do that.
right now i am looking at trying to create a single huge dataset with a buch of Union Tables - Horrible.

If anyone knows how to do this - i would appreciate any insight.

DaveO

You cannot add a table/BAQ to an existing BAQ report. However you can make a report from more than one BAQs. For this you create BAQs, then create a new RDD and add all your BAQs. I think the process is explained somewhere else on this forum.

Vinay Kamboj

First consider the BAQ Report functionality dead, its not dead but there is no reason to ever use BAQ Report (its considered legacy now).

There is a new gun in town.

If you build your RDD and then create your style in Report Style Maintenance, you can just do a Action\Create SSRS Report and it will create you the template report just like in BAQ Report. Plus, you get all the data columns are mapped in for you. It should only take a couple more clicks to do RDD + BAQs instead of BAQ Report.

There is no reason to use the old BAQ Report… ever… again…
Jeff

Also in atleast 10.2.500+ Id say 600 I was told you can add multiple BAQs to RDD with Electronic Compliance, Electronic Reports (modules). Not sure if @JeffLeBert can confirm, but I asked that question specifically during a Webinar few weeks ago.

10 Likes

Mr. Hasokeric: Thank yo Sooooo much for the nudge.

This Works Perfectly!

DaveO

Using the RDD BAQ Report way (the new way) you can now pass in Parameters to your BAQ! Before the BAQ ran wide-open and the RDL Filtered it, now you can pass in params and your BAQ will run with the provided params! (PRE-Filter) which makes using aggregates and sub-queries more efficient and easier in a BAQ.

3 Likes

Another convert! I wish we would have put more effort into making this feature known. I added this in 10.1.600 (yes 10.1, not 10.2). Unfortunately, I’m not working in this area anymore, but I will always cheer people on and help where I can.

1 Like

You guys have convinced me too! Thank you for your posts.

Although I really wish the RDD Actions Menu had a Test Report Form option like in the BAQ Report Designer:
image image

I was just wondering, how can we access the Report Criteria Prompts in the SSRS report? It doesn’t look like they come through naturally when the report Datasets are created…

I’m just wondering why the Report Criteria Prompt Field would not get pulled into the SSRS report automatically? Do I need to add them to a Dataset Expression somewhere? Could someone explain where and how to do this please?

1 Like

Ms. Heather: I see my Criteria in the RptParameter table in a Field called UserCriteria. Unfortunately, it is in XML - so you would have to parse the tags. My Criteria is called FormatID

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?> FormatMiscInfo FormatID FormatID 1 401787 false FormatID nvarchar FormatID
1 Like

Hi Dave, thank you for the response! I actually did see my Criteria in the RptParameter - UserCriteria field and I was afraid someone was going to say I would need to parse it out. Cringe :grimacing: Well, at least it’s there but I would say that it would be really nice if Epicor could design each Report Criteria Prompt to come through as individual fields. So maybe I’m only 98% sold on this way of creating reports. :wink:

1 Like

I seem to remember that being not so for BAQ reports.

If you use the Create SSRS Report from Actions in Report Style it should use the Template File which comes with code that lets you grab the Criteria. It looks like this:

=Code.GetCriteriaPromptValue(First(Fields!UserCriteria.Value, "RptParameter"),"SYEAR")
3 Likes

Another Epicor Employee confirming the legacy message that our friend @JeffLeBert has stated numerous times.

@sbosque is on the forums yay:

Also here is a link to the KB Article Mentioned:
https://epiccare.epicor.com/epiccare?id=epiccare_kb_article&sys_id=43e438191b6138508205ce4a5a4bcb57

5 Likes