BAQ Report works but SSRS Report throws error

So I’m new to Epicor 10 and am following a tutorial for making BAQ reports and customizations. I made two BAQs and are identical, except one of them has two parameters for a start and end date. I setup the Report Style and got the parameters linked and all that works fine. Both BAQs analyze fine and run no problem on their own. The problem is when depending on how I call them, it either works or doesn’t.

This works… Menu customization program type BAQ Report using Ice.UIRpt.BAQReport.dll

This doesn’t… Menu customization program type Report using Ice.UIRpt.DynamicCriteriaReport.dll

This is the error I get…

From looking thru the forums it looks like it’s an SSRS config error but I have no idea where to start since both BAQs are identical and work fine as long as I call it as a BAQ Report and not a Report.

Anyone have any insight before I have to try to get ahold of Tech Support? Thanks.

it is pointing at the query for the BAQReportParameter dataset. I would try dropping the “dbo.” at the beginning. However, you can paste the SQL here to see if we can help.

I used the BAQ Designer to make the reports so I have no idea where that field is coming from…

select 
	[CheckHed].[CheckNum] as [CheckHed_CheckNum],
	[CheckHed].[CheckDate] as [CheckHed_CheckDate],
	[CheckHed].[Name] as [CheckHed_Name],
	[CheckHed].[CheckAmt] as [CheckHed_CheckAmt],
	(case 
     when CheckHed.Voided = 1 then 'V' 
     else 'I'
 end) as [Calculated_Issued]
from Erp.CheckHed as CheckHed
full outer join Erp.Vendor as Vendor on 
	CheckHed.Company = Vendor.Company
	and CheckHed.THRefVendorNum = Vendor.VendorNum
where ((CheckHed.CheckDate >= @StartDate ) and (CheckHed.CheckDate <= @EndDate ))
order by CheckHed.CheckNum

It will have generated an RDL file for SSRS. You will need to download that and edit it.

Already did that

And, that is where it appears to have gone wrong. Whatever you did to edit it caused this issue. The issue lies in the BAQReportParameter dataset. If you paste that SQL, we can likely help find the problem.

1 Like

If you just copy/paste that query as is, it’ll not work as SSRS will have no idea what @StartDate or @EndDate is.

well then I’m completely lost because I never edited or touched any SQL, that query I pasted is the pseudo-query generated from the BAQ internally using the designer. The @start and end dates were linked via the Report Style definitions.

It wants you to map the start and end dates to some control when running the report.

nope, I already did that too. It’s already linked in the data definition. when I originally forgot to do that it was throwing a completely different error saying the parameter was missing.

Did you create 2 separate RDLs, one for the BAQ Report and one for the Report?

yup, everything is separate with no duplicate names

If you could post screen shots of your RDD tables and the SSRS tables, that would probably help.

What are RDD tables? I’m not familiar with that term and I don’t have access to the SSRS server, that’s controlled by our IT dept.

These are the RDD Tables. When you run a report, each of these are created as a table in the SSRS database with the _GUID.

You do not need access to the SSRS Server, as long as you can open the RDL, you can see what datasets there are.

I think you may be onto something, in the RDD under data sources should I have included all the tables that the BAQ report is pulling from because I only listed the BAQ as the main data source?

No, you do not want to do that. The two “types” of reports are different and use different datasets. You want to create a separate RDL for each type. You cannot use the same RDL file for each “type” of report.

This is the SSRS - RDL tables

Here is the RDD, the names and descriptions mean nothing as I left most everything as default. Each report is a separate RDL file.

What about the RDD for the DynamicCriteriaReport?