BAQ Reports - Multiple Sources

Yes, for dashboards that use publish and subscribe what I usually do is have the published on top, the subscribe below and another tab next to the subscribed tab that does NOT subscribe, but instead shows all data (as long as that dataset is not too large) – and the crystal report is based off of the published area and the non subscribed tab.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of SimsTrak Consulting
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:48 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] BAQ Reports - Multiple Sources

Vic,

Thanks! That's exactly what I need. This particular application is looking
at a 12-month window of data, so a nightly dump of the data is likely
sufficient.

I've tried dashboard reports in the past, but when I had them in a publish
and subscribe mode, it didn't seem to give me all the data from both
datasets, only the ones that it was subscribed to. So, for example, if I
had a panel on my DB with customers, and published the customer to another
panel with shipments by customer, the dashboard report didn't pull in all
customers, only the ones I had selected. This was versions ago when I did
this (probably v8), and maybe it was just user-error on my part.

Kevin

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Vic Drecchio
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:43 PM

I do multiple BAQ's, use the BAQ Export process to dump them all
periodically to a shared folder (every hour?) and then I can hit as many
BAQ's as I want. Worst case, the data is one-hour old or however often I
refresh them in the System Agent.

SimsTrak Consulting
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 11:40 AM
Subject: [Vantage] BAQ Reports - Multiple Sources

Has anyone figured out a good way to get a BAQ report that requires more
than one BAQ? For example, if I wanted a report that showed me invoiced
dollars (from InvcHead/InvcDtl) as well as sales orders (from
OrderHed/OrderDtl) for a period of time, I can't write one BAQ that gives me
all that information.

The way I've typically handled this is by writing one of these reports as a
BAQ report, and then the other report becomes a subreport using an ODBC
connection to the database. If I'm trying to eliminate ODBC connections, I
don't really see another way around this.

Any ideas?

Kevin Simon

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Has anyone figured out a good way to get a BAQ report that requires more than one BAQ?  For example, if I wanted a report that showed me invoiced dollars (from InvcHead/InvcDtl) as well as sales orders (from OrderHed/OrderDtl) for a period of time, I can’t write one BAQ that gives me all that information.

The way I’ve typically handled this is by writing one of these reports as a BAQ report, and then the other report becomes a subreport using an ODBC connection to the database.  If I’m trying to eliminate ODBC connections, I don’t really see another way around this.

Any ideas?

Kevin Simon

IOf you are in 9.05.7XX I think in the BAQ you can do add external query and if you are SQL that might work

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile
E: jose@...
http://www.josecgomez.com

Â

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 11:39 AM, SimsTrak Consulting <simstrak@...> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><div><p class="ygrps-yiv-1527861617MsoNormal">Has anyone figured out a good way to get a BAQ report that requires more than one BAQ?  For example, if I wanted a report that showed me invoiced dollars (from InvcHead/InvcDtl) as well as sales orders (from OrderHed/OrderDtl) for a period of time, I can’t write one BAQ that gives me all that information. <u></u><u></u></p>

The way I’ve typically handled this is by writing one of these reports as a BAQ report, and then the other report becomes a subreport using an ODBC connection to the database. If I’m trying to eliminate ODBC connections, I don’t really see another way around this.

Â

Any ideas?

Â

Kevin Simon

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

Two dashboards added to the context menu for say Part Number and use publish and subscribe to open them.

Then as you click thru parts you see both invoices and orders refresh, period of time could be columns on the dashboards, weeks, months, quarters, years.

Sorry no paper.

Patrick

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of SimsTrak Consulting
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 10:40

Has anyone figured out a good way to get a BAQ report that requires more than one BAQ?  For example, if I wanted a report that showed me invoiced dollars (from InvcHead/InvcDtl) as well as sales orders (from OrderHed/OrderDtl) for a period of time, I can’t write one BAQ that gives me all that information.

The way I’ve typically handled this is by writing one of these reports as a BAQ report, and then the other report becomes a subreport using an ODBC connection to the database.  If I’m trying to eliminate ODBC connections, I don’t really see another way around this.

Any ideas?

Kevin Simon

Hi Kevin,

I must say that I'm surprised you can't write a BAQ giving you the information of invoice head and detail at the same time as orderhed/orderdtl.  

Try that query phrase.  And change the display you would like.

for each OrderHed no-lock  ,  each OrderDtl no-lock  where (OrderHed.Company = OrderDtl.Company and OrderHed.OrderNum = OrderDtl.OrderNum ) ,  each InvcHead no-lock  ,  each InvcDtl no-lock  where (InvcHead.Company = InvcDtl.Company and InvcHead.InvoiceNum = InvcDtl.InvoiceNum ) where (OrderHed.Company = InvcHead.Company and OrderHed.OrderNum = InvcHead.OrderNum ).

Kevin –

Could use executive cubes to link the information.  The cubes would grow, but this would provide the information.

This was done to link order, invoices, and jobs to see a visibility on a part over a customer.  Part numbers were used as the focal point.

HTH,

Calvin

Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 10:40 AM

Any ideas?

Kevin Simon

You can also use a dashboard with both BAQs and then link them (by company, customer, ship to – other fields) in Crystal.  I have a dashboard setup with orders and invoice information too.

Later, I also have developed an SQL query which is run in Service Connect and sums as needed also.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Calvin Dekker
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 11:52 AM

Kevin –

Could use executive cubes to link the information.  The cubes would grow, but this would provide the information.

This was done to link order, invoices, and jobs to see a visibility on a part over a customer.  Part numbers were used as the focal point.

HTH,

Calvin

Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 10:40 AM

Has anyone figured out a good way to get a BAQ report that requires more than one BAQ?  For example, if I wanted a report that showed me invoiced dollars (from InvcHe ad/InvcDtl) as well as sales orders (from OrderHed/OrderDtl) for a period of time, I can’t write one BAQ that gives me all that information.

Any ideas?

Kevin Simon

Amelie,

The example I gave perhaps wasn’t the best example. In the case of invoices and orders, I’m not looking to link the orders to invoices. I’m looking at order backlogs, so that would be orders without invoices.

A better example would be if I wanted a report showing me shipments and receipts over a period of time.

Kevin

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of amelie.pelletier@...
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:50 PM
Subject: [Vantage] RE: BAQ Reports - Multiple Sources

Hi Kevin,

I must say that I'm surprised you can't write a BAQ giving you the information of invoice head and detail at the same time as orderhed/orderdtl.

Try that query phrase. And change the display you would like.

for each OrderHed no-lock , each OrderDtl no-lock where (OrderHed.Company = OrderDtl.Company and OrderHed.OrderNum = OrderDtl.OrderNum ) , each InvcHead no-lock , each InvcDtl no-lock where (InvcHead.Company = InvcDtl.Company and InvcHead.InvoiceNum = InvcDtl.InvoiceNum ) where (OrderHed.Company = InvcHead.Company and OrderHed.OrderNum = InvcHead.OrderNum ).

I do multiple BAQ’s, use the BAQ Export process to dump them all periodically to a shared folder (every hour?) and then I can hit as many BAQ’s as I want.  Worst case, the data is one-hour old or however often I refresh them in the System Agent.

Any ideas?

Kevin Simon

I use the same solution that Karen does...multiple BAQs in one dashboard with the BAQs linked in Crystal. It works just fine.
Vic,

Thanks! That's exactly what I need. This particular application is looking
at a 12-month window of data, so a nightly dump of the data is likely
sufficient.

I've tried dashboard reports in the past, but when I had them in a publish
and subscribe mode, it didn't seem to give me all the data from both
datasets, only the ones that it was subscribed to. So, for example, if I
had a panel on my DB with customers, and published the customer to another
panel with shipments by customer, the dashboard report didn't pull in all
customers, only the ones I had selected. This was versions ago when I did
this (probably v8), and maybe it was just user-error on my part.

Kevin

Vic Drecchio
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:43 PM

I do multiple BAQ's, use the BAQ Export process to dump them all
periodically to a shared folder (every hour?) and then I can hit as many
BAQ's as I want. Worst case, the data is one-hour old or however often I
refresh them in the System Agent.

SimsTrak Consulting

Has anyone figured out a good way to get a BAQ report that requires more
than one BAQ? For example, if I wanted a report that showed me invoiced
dollars (from InvcHead/InvcDtl) as well as sales orders (from
OrderHed/OrderDtl) for a period of time, I can't write one BAQ that gives me
all that information.

The way I've typically handled this is by writing one of these reports as a
BAQ report, and then the other report becomes a subreport using an ODBC
connection to the database. If I'm trying to eliminate ODBC connections, I
don't really see another way around this.

Any ideas?

Kevin Simon