BAQ Security - Help Needed

We have a dashboard with several tabs each powered by a different baq. One of the baqs has a hand full of updatable columns. I would like to set up a security policy for this so that only people in the security group can see that tab/interact with that tab etc. We went through the process of creating a security ID in menu maintenance, adding a security group to that security ID, and then assigning that security ID to the baq.

The issue with this process is that if anyone tries accessing the dashboard without that security ID the dashboard won’t load for them. Has anyone done something similar before, or know of another way of assigning security to this single baq without disallowing users from items that baq is on?

Can you use field security on a BAQ? If so, see if you can set all fields to mask.

edit

or make a version of the DB that doesn’t have that tab, and use menu security to determine which DB the users can launch

1 Like

I haven’t used it yet, but I think that is what the BAQ Security ID is for:

@Jason_Woods,
We tried using that, but that made it to where the dashboard in question was unusable to all other users. We want the dashboard to work for everyone, but the tab that calls that specific baq to not show or be enabled for them.

Just customize the dashboard (deployed dashboartd) and hide the tab (remove the tab) in the customization base don the user group.

1 Like