BAQ - Time Conversion

Hi,
I am trying to calculate the Actual reported time. Actual Reported Time = Clock in Time – Current Time

It is throwing the below error while running the test

Can someone help please?

Thanks
Subha

Try using the calculated field that shows the Current Time, instead of the Constants.CurrentTime

Calvin, I am not finding any CurrentTime option in calculated field.

What is creating this field?

I created the current time calculated field as below

Okay. I see the issue now…

the formula should have the LaborDtl.ClockinTime in the DateAdd()

something like

(convert(varchar, DateAdd(ms,Constants.CurrentTime * 1000, LablorDtl.ClockInTime), 108)

FWIW - I haven’t checked that, as I don’t know what the data type of the ClockInTime is.

Calvin,
The problem is I am not able to do arithmetic function - subtraction in varchar datatype. how to convert the current time varchar data type to integer in the time format.
Currently we have Labordtl.ClockInTime in integer data type. I have to convert the current time to integer data type to do the subtraction function.

I meant in the ActualReportedTime calculated field.

And look at it as two steps:

1. Calculate the new time - Using DateAdd(), you can add (or subtract) the ClockInTime from the CurrentTime. with:
    DateAdd(ms, -Constants.CurrentTime*1000, LaborDtl.ClockinTime)
  2. convert that result to a string - using convert():
    `convert(varchar, [the stuff from step 1] , 108)

And FTR I would have this column be of type Time, or DateTime. That way you could use it for math against other values, or even filter on it.

edit

I just now see that the CurrentTime is in seconds since midnight. So first you have to make a date time from Constants.Today & Constants.CurrentTime.
DateAdd(s,Constants.CurrentTime,Constants.Today) - That will give you the current time(and date) in a DateTime value

Next, subtract the ClockinTime (which is in hours) from the above. Do this by using the hour interval, and a negative sign in front of the ClockInTime

DateAdd(hour, -LaborDtl.ClockinTime,DateAdd(s,Constants.CurrentTime,Constants.Today))

If you really want it as a string add the `convert(varchar, .the above…, 108)

Thanks Calvin