Bartender Commander Confusion

Simon that’s fantastic news

know anyone running this? Bartender is immeasurably easier to deal with than SSRS… would love to hear what the speed and so forth is like for those running as you suggest?

Edit: Found this FTP Software Recommendation which looks to walk down the path we’re considering

we have created the FTP folder however would rather just dump the label data into an XML so we can use the Bartender intergration suite, anyone figure out how to adjust the report Style definition to dump as a xmls in the folder the Cloud Team provide?

adjusting the output location and so forth in Report Style Maint does not seem to have any effect

I did quite a bit of work with integrating BT with Epicor last summer. I found that the Bartender support in Epicor rather dated and not supporting the generation of the new .btxml style command files.
In the end I wrote some code to generate the btxml files directly.

1 Like

it feels that creating the BT/BTXML files directly inside Epicor is probably a bit more complex to manage ongoing rather than just dumping an XML and let the suite copy it to an on prem server print server to be dished out to whatever printer needs the job

still, I can completely understand it’s value where you don’t have a Site print server to dish out the jobs (or are using USB/wifi connected printers as an example

I would take a look at using a report style configured as SSRS and then use the XML output format then use the File: prefix in the report options. I am not 100% sure if this will put the XML file in the defined location or not. But it is worth try.

Yes, this is the direction we’ve headed, it turns out you can output to the FTP folder as XML just fine using a Report Data Definition, so we’re getting the customisation we created for our factory labels adjusted.

can’t wait, Bartender has built in FTP capability with the current versions so expecting big things, will also be very handy for factory machinery that won’t be very impressed with a temporary internet outage.

Bartender also has a webservice integration you can use so you send a post response to it with the xml string and it prints the report.