Bartender Integration not working after update to Kinetic 2022.2

We recently went from Kinetic 2021.2 to 2022.2.16 and our Bartender Integration stopped working. Epicor is triggering the event but Bartender isn’t doing it’s part. The admin console in Bartender says the Integration service isn’t running…BUT…when looking at the Windows services that are running - Integration service is running. To top it off…there really isn’t anything showing in the event log.

I have tried restarting the service, stopping the service and then starting…nothing. I opened a ticket with Seagull support and uploaded a ton of files for them to review and advise. It’s been a week and they tell me they are still going through the logs. In the meantime, we’re not able to print incoming material tickets which is a bit of an ordeal.

Has anyone had any similar experience with Bartender? We had some issues with the update to 2022.2 itself and when on the phone with Epicor support, we were instructed to remove some older .NET versions and now I’m wondering if that might have had anything to do with the Bartender crash.

We did not have any issues with BarTender when we upgraded from 2021.2 to 2022.2. When you try to start the integration from the BarTender Admin Console, what happens? Do you know which version of BarTender you are running?

Yes, please go to the admin console and the deployed integration to see the problems.

If you need help with this @WendyB I’d be happy to connect and show you the admin console and the different logging the integration has.

Oh and to calrify, the bartender administration console… not epicor admin console***

Are you on prem?

We’re running Bartender 2022 and we are on prem with Epicor.

In the Bartender Admin Console under Integrations it says “The Bartender Integration Service must be running to use integrations. Please verify that the service is running and try again”

Move down to Windows Services and everything shows that it’s running. Task Manager also shows that it’s running.

I attached a screen snip of what I’m seeing.

@WendyB I have been in your shoes and I am sorry you are in this position.

The first thing I want to ask is have you contacted bartender support?

1 Like

Because my first instinct is always to restart the computer or server that the integration is on.

1 Like

@utaylor - Thanks! I appreciate that! I have contacted Bartender support – they’ve had all of the log files, etc for about a week and don’t have any feedback yet.

This forum is always my “go to” for searching my issues and most of the time I can find something similar at least to send me in a direction. What makes the whole thing even more frustrating is that it took forever to get the integration to work to begin with – issues with the printer mostly but still… it was working and essentially I broke it by updating the system… at least that’s the viewpoint on the shop floor… :anguished:

Yep…we did restart the server… nada…

Then I think bartender went through the basics of the services and user accounts running the services and all that.

Do you have a Kinetic test environment by chance?

I did… Test environment was fine… but somehow that didn’t translate to Production environment…my only guess is that the planets were not aligned properly when I did the update.

Is the test environment still fine?

Sadly not from the Bartender aspect.

So now neither the test nor the live environment work with bartender?

And you are on the same exact version of bartender that you tested before you did the update to Kinetic 2022.2?

That’s correct. Yes, same version of Bartender.

Can you deploy an integration to your own computer and try to use the admin console to view the deployed integration and see if you get the same behavior?

Can you take a look at Windows Services by running services.msc and see what its running as. Secondly, Launch Windows Event Viewer and see if you see anything from BarTender in the Event Viewer, that may provide more details.

3 Likes

Well…I don’t know…but I’ll give it a try.

Is the folder where the bartender files stored on premise or in the cloud?
We used to store our files on an FTP folder provided by Epicor.

Last year the integration which had been working for years just stopped.
We restarted the server, the services and had many calls with Bartender support services.

I eventually wrote a script to grab the files and move them locally and made an integration to look in the local folder and it started to print labels again.

Bartender has still not been able to fix the problem. They gave an update that required a fix in order to run but for some reason they can’t connect to the Epicor ftp site (which I can manually) and the intergration which used to work reports the same error. There must have been a permission change on the folder or something but Epicor stated there had not been then they closed the ticket without helping further.

1 Like

@hkeric.wci – Bartender services all show that they are running in Windows services. Looking in Event Viewer and filtering for Bartender results in nothing.

I was assuming bartender did the whole dance with security and what not. Usually when they request files they are not sure what the issue is and they went through the whole security and user and all that, all the normal steps of troubleshooting. But I wouldn’t put it past them to miss something either @hkeric.wci .

@WendyB Wendy, did they check out the service and the user running the service and all that?