Bartender some labels not printed?

what role is bartender playing in this process? Those are going to be massive images sent to the printer.

Bartender has the template. I send a CSV from Epicor to the drop file for the integration builder to pick up. Bartender grabs the PDF and adds the stamps are barcodes and prints the jobs. I seems to work for about 150+ pages, but then fails a bit after that.

How large is the print job you are sending in MB

I don’t know, how do I check that?

size image

A 92 page one, (front and back) is 206 MB.

Did that one print out ok

That one did. (I didn’t let that specific one finish because it was printed before). It seems to be good up to about 140ish pages.

What kind of size would start causing problems?

I’m wondering if your buffer limit is 256MB what model sharp is it?

MX-4070N is what it says on the label.

Says 5GB copy/print RAM available so that shouldn’t be an issue. I’m not sure what is up I don’t think it’s bartender though becuase it’s sending all of the pages to the printer

So I tried the original one that was giving me problems and it looks like it capped out at 300 pages. The job from bartender say 174 pages, so it should have gotten to 348. When I was watching it spool on the printer it got to 290 pages in memory, but then stopped at 280 actually being printed. I’m thinking I need to keep to under 100 pages duplex and I think that I’ll be ok.

Does the copier have a HDD installed? Sometimes it’s an optional extra on these copiers, and without it then it will have to try and stuff everything into RAM - if it’s using an amount for its OS, you may be hitting the limit. With the HDD, it can use that as a buffer - that’s my experience with Konica Minolta anyway.

It says in the manual that it comes with a 500G Hard drive. But whether it’s using it or not? :man_shrugging:

Well, It’s not the size of the print job. It has to do with the specific file. I set up my CSV outputs to split them up into 50 page segments, and it ended up stopping on the same print. When I sent all of the prints, it gets through to the last print job. If I only send in the last CSV, it still stops on the same print. It only prints 2 pages before is quits. The weird thing is, if I print it directly from bartender (not using the file drop) they all print out fine. So I have some difference in behavior from bartender vs. the file drop with integration builder.

Now I just have to figure out why the heck that print fails.

update We tried some different drivers and settings with the printer, still no luck. We even tried printing to PDF, and it still stops with that. So I think that rules out a printer problem.

I have no idea what could be tripping up the integration builder.

If you’re on support with Seagul, their support it very good. Well, the US support is good - I’ve given up with the European support, I always wait until later in the day UK time to be able to speak to the states.

We use the wmf (windows meta files) in Crystal reports for drawings/attachments instead of PDF and it works. May be you could try that. I have not tested that yet in SSRS.

Vinay Kamboj

1 Like

Alright, I gathered all my files up and sent them into bartender support. We’ll see if they can figure this out.

I figured out what the problem was. One of the part numbers has a lower case letter in it. (that part number shouldn’t be that anyways) but the barcode symbology doesn’t take lower case. It looks like when printing from bartender directly it handles that problem, but when doing the same through the integration builder, it just silently fails. So if I just make sure my CSV is written in all caps, then I shouldn’t have a problem anymore.

SMH…

1 Like

Awesome, glad you got it sorted.

On that note, in Bartender 2019 they’ve added some new features around error handling. There is a new menu item for each label, barcode etc that has these options:

1 Like