Blank ship and invoice dates

No we are just using the normal packs. There is a fix program you can run. It expires every 30 days and we are always rushing at the last minute before closing to try to get it. Missed it this month so accounting will be scratching heads for the next 2 months because this stuff does not show up on any date range reports.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "lisserjm" <Jennifer.Lisser@...> wrote:
>
> We have the same problem with ship dates and have not been able to figure out why or repicate. We're using Agile and on 8.03.408A SQL. Are you using Insite, Agile or just the normal packs?
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "mmcwilliams22" <mmcwilliams22@> wrote:
> >
> > We have had an ongoing problem with shipments & invoices randomly having blank dates. Somehow the system is letting them mark a shipment and is not requiring or clearing out the date. Obviously some sort of bug but I cannot replicate what causes this to happen. Everytime I makr shipped it requires the date. Has anyone else seen this or can they tell me steps they use to replicate. I have had this call open for about 8 months with Epicor. They thought upgrading to 408 would help, but it did not.
> >
>
We have had an ongoing problem with shipments & invoices randomly having blank dates. Somehow the system is letting them mark a shipment and is not requiring or clearing out the date. Obviously some sort of bug but I cannot replicate what causes this to happen. Everytime I makr shipped it requires the date. Has anyone else seen this or can they tell me steps they use to replicate. I have had this call open for about 8 months with Epicor. They thought upgrading to 408 would help, but it did not.
We have the same problem with ship dates and have not been able to figure out why or repicate. We're using Agile and on 8.03.408A SQL. Are you using Insite, Agile or just the normal packs?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "mmcwilliams22" <mmcwilliams22@...> wrote:
>
> We have had an ongoing problem with shipments & invoices randomly having blank dates. Somehow the system is letting them mark a shipment and is not requiring or clearing out the date. Obviously some sort of bug but I cannot replicate what causes this to happen. Everytime I makr shipped it requires the date. Has anyone else seen this or can they tell me steps they use to replicate. I have had this call open for about 8 months with Epicor. They thought upgrading to 408 would help, but it did not.
>