BOM structure in quote

Yes… we have quite a few parts like this due to our manufacturing process. If E10 works differently then that’s fine, it’s just understanding it and ensuring we update the users with the procedures they need to use :slight_smile:

I can’t get my system to do what yours is doing. I’ve tried changing the part to phantom, non-quantity bearing, and it still doesn’t do what you are showing in your video. Always the way my video showed. I don’t know what else it could possibly be.

1 Like

I appreciate you checking it in your system, and both of you for your help. I am out of the office now until 29th but will try and figure it out when I get back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just a thought have you double checked to make sure there is not any BPMs enabled on this method.

Can you show some screen shots of the MOM from the part in part maintenance you are trying to add?

Hi @jeowings. I’ve checked and I haven’t yet created any BPM’s against Quoting in our E10 Test system.

Screen shots for the method of the assembly are below (please note, these are exactly what were carried across from our V8 conversion which works fine):

We have been advised by Epicor that our system is working as expected. Would it be possible for anyone on version 10.2.300.8 or above that if they add a Phantom BOM (with appropriate approved revision) to a Quote if they have the same functionality as we are seeing? Thank you.

(RECAP: Functionality we are seeing is that when we add a part number that is a Phantom BOM to a Quote Line the system automatically breaks the part number down and instead adds all the materials within the BOM to the quote separately instead. It also adds an extra Operation to the Manufacturing Details within the Quote)

Update for anyone who uses this functionality - below is the response from Epicor:

“Following our discussion with regards to this issue, last week, we have heard from Development.
However, they have informed us that this is an intended behavior and it is working as designed. The functionality has been changed under Problem- PRB0100488, on Version 10.1.400”