Bottom ads

Is it possible to make the bottom of the page slide up when there are ads? The bottom ads currently cover up the “create topic” button, and I have to hide the ad. I’m happy having the ad, since it pays for the site partially…

PS - No, I’m not getting a new BPW. Currently enjoying my 10 year old one with 148k on it! :slight_smile:

if you “swipe down” on the arrow above the ad, it minimizes.

1 Like

That’s a mobile style add you should only be getting that on a tablet/phone… and yes @ckrusen is right just click the little arrow and it will minimize.

I usually see them on my tablet, so I tried to take a screen shot of the ad expanded, and with it collapsed.

But this is the one time that none show up :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Ha ha - Thanks guys. This is on the desktop, using Chrome Version 69.0.3497.81 (Official Build) (64-bit), FWIW. I get the ads every time I compose a post. Intrusive, but I guess the advertisers get the money’s worth since I have to click on it every time! :slight_smile:

A true desktop? Or a mobile device running Chrome in Desktop mode?

Good 'ole Dell Optiplex here…

That’s odd I wonder if you are requesting Mobile site (Setting in Google Chrome)

I can see adds like that on my desktop (Dell Precision) running Chrome…

becomes

When I run Chrome in Developer mode and select to emulate iPhone 6/7/8

:wink:

But seriously… Can you interact with the “down arrow” on the ad to hide it, using the mouse?

I searched in chrome settings for “desktop”, “mobile”, and “developer”, and didn’t get any hits. Should be native, out of the box chrome, as I haven’t messed with anything I can recall… Maybe one issue where it was getting the wrong zipcode location?

Yes - I click on the down arrow every time, and ad slides down. :slight_smile:

1 Like

hitting F12 will switch you to developer mode.

This button switches between desktop and device.

BUt I was under the impression that Chrome always switched back to the desktop mode when you exit Devel mode (hitting f12 again)

go to this URL http://pphchat.com/echo.php

It will echo back the “browser info” your computer sends when requesting a page.

When I run it, I get:

When in desktop mode
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/69.0.3497.100 Safari/537.36

and when I emulate an iPhone (in developermode)
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 11_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/604.1.38 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.0 Mobile/15A372 Safari/604.1

Thanks for sharing about developer mode (F12) and emulating devices. Neat! Looks like mine has been in desktop mode the whole time. Here’s what I get back on the echo:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/69.0.3497.81 Safari/537.36

Sounds like it’s on E10help’s end (page mr. @josecgomez …)