BPM - Adding new records not kicking out emails

Hi Elaine,

You could use an alert program attached to a BAM to email on the setting up of new customers/parts. Just use the fields CustNum and PartNum respectively - the only change possible for these is the creation of a new record.

Nigel.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Elaine Gallagher <elaina32@...> wrote:
>
> Ok. Thanks for the help.
>
> --- On Thu, 6/25/09, Rob Bucek <rbucek@...> wrote:
>
>
> From: Rob Bucek <rbucek@...>
> Subject: RE: [Vantage] BPM - Adding new records not kicking out emails.
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 11:43 AM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Right! You can imagine it was so much easier for some hapless programmer in a deep dark room somewhere in the bowels of the Epicor empire….
>
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups .com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups .com] On Behalf Of Elaine Gallagher
> Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 10:33 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups .com
>
>
>
>
>
> Why does the query design template have a filter for "added records" then? What is the intended purpose of this?
>
> --- On Thu, 6/25/09, Rob Bucek <rbucek@dsmfg. com <mailto:rbucek% 40dsmfg.com> > wrote:
>
> From: Rob Bucek <rbucek@dsmfg. com <mailto:rbucek% 40dsmfg.com> >
> To: vantage@yahoogroups .com <mailto:vantage% 40yahoogroups. com>
> Date: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 11:06 AM
>
> The deal with post process is that the record has been created and updated in the database. So in short, there are no added records to be seen during post process as rowmod = ‘A’ is not logical after the record already exists in your database.
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups .com [mailto:vantage@ yahoogroups .com] On Behalf Of Elaine Gallagher
> Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 9:36 AM
>
> I have created a Post Processing Method Directive associated with the Part.Update Method Code â€" the filter is defined in my table query for “Added Records”.
>
> I get the email as defined by my template but the email only includes what “hard coded script” I have added to my template â€" NO actual data from the Parts Table for the “Added Record”.
>
> To test the process and make sure that I have everything set accordingly, I changed my table query to also include “Updated Records”. The emails for “Updated Records” come through with Parts Table data.
>
> This leads me to believe that I have done everything correctly and there is an issue with the Vantage application?
>
> We are on 8.03.406
>
> I also have some Pre-Processing Method Directives on this same Method Code (Part.Update) and they work as expected.
>
> --- On Thu, 6/25/09, Brian W. Spolarich <bspolarich@ advanced photonix. com <mailto:bspolarich% 40advancedphoton ix.com> > wrote:
>
> From: Brian W. Spolarich <bspolarich@ advanced photonix. com <mailto:bspolarich% 40advancedphoton ix.com> >
> To: vantage@yahoogroups .com <mailto:vantage% 40yahoogroups. com>
> Date: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 10:27 AM
>
> Well, what is the condition that you're using? I'm not psychic. ;-)
>
> --
> Brian W. Spolarich ~ Manager, Information Services ~ Advanced Photonix / Picometrix
> bspolarich@advanced photonix. com ~ 734-864-5618 ~ www.advancedphotoni x.com
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: vantage@yahoogroups .com [mailto:vantage@ yahoogroups .com] On Behalf Of Elaine Gallagher
> Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 10:24 AM
> Subject: [Vantage] BPM - Adding new records not kicking out emails.
>
> I have created a BPM that should send out emails when a new customer and/or a new part are added.
>
> We are on 8.03.406.
>
> The BPM will fire when changing a records, deleting a record but not when a record is added.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Elaina
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> ------------ --------- --------- ------
>
> Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
> (1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/vantage/ files/.
> (2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/vantage/ messages
> (3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/vantage/ linksYahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I have created a BPM that should send out emails when a new customer and/or a new part are added.
Â
We are on 8.03.406.
Â
The BPM will fire when changing a records, deleting a record but not when a record is added.
Â
What am I doing wrong?
Â
Elaina

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Well, what is the condition that you're using? I'm not psychic. ;-)

--
Brian W. Spolarich ~ Manager, Information Services ~ Advanced Photonix / Picometrix
    bspolarich@... ~ 734-864-5618 ~ www.advancedphotonix.com

-----Original Message-----
From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Elaine Gallagher
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 10:24 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] BPM - Adding new records not kicking out emails.

I have created a BPM that should send out emails when a new customer and/or a new part are added.
Â
We are on 8.03.406.
Â
The BPM will fire when changing a records, deleting a record but not when a record is added.
Â
What am I doing wrong?
Â
Elaina

------------------------------------

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links
I have created a Post Processing Method Directive associated with the Part.Update Method Code  – the filter is defined in my table query for “Added Records”.
Â
I get the email as defined by my template but the email only includes what “hard coded script” I have added to my template – NO actual data from the Parts Table for the “Added Record”.
Â
To test the process and make sure that I have everything set accordingly, I changed my table query to also include “Updated Records”. The emails for “Updated Records” come through with Parts Table data.Â
Â
This leads me to believe that I have done everything correctly and there is an issue with the Vantage application?
Â
We are on 8.03.406
Â
I also have some Pre-Processing Method Directives on this same Method Code (Part.Update) and they work as expected.
Â

--- On Thu, 6/25/09, Brian W. Spolarich <bspolarich@...> wrote:

Subject: RE: [Vantage] BPM - Adding new records not kicking out emails.
Date: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 10:27 AM

--
Brian W. Spolarich ~ Manager, Information Services ~ Advanced Photonix / Picometrix
    bspolarich@advanced photonix. com ~ 734-864-5618 ~ www.advancedphotoni x.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups .com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups .com] On Behalf Of Elaine Gallagher
To: vantage@yahoogroups .com

Â
We are on 8.03.406.
Â
Â
What am I doing wrong?
Â
Elaina

------------ --------- --------- ------

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/vantage/ files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/vantage/ messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/vantage/ linksYahoo! Groups Links

The deal with post process is that the record has been created and updated in the database. So in short, there are no added records to be seen during post process as rowmod = ‘A’ is not logical after the record already exists in your database.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Elaine Gallagher
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 9:36 AM

I have created a Post Processing Method Directive associated with the Part.Update Method Code – the filter is defined in my table query for “Added Records”.

I get the email as defined by my template but the email only includes what “hard coded script” I have added to my template – NO actual data from the Parts Table for the “Added Record”.

To test the process and make sure that I have everything set accordingly, I changed my table query to also include “Updated Records”. The emails for “Updated Records” come through with Parts Table data.

This leads me to believe that I have done everything correctly and there is an issue with the Vantage application?

We are on 8.03.406

I also have some Pre-Processing Method Directives on this same Method Code (Part.Update) and they work as expected.

--- On Thu, 6/25/09, Brian W. Spolarich <bspolarich@... <mailto:bspolarich%40advancedphotonix.com> > wrote:

From: Brian W. Spolarich <bspolarich@... <mailto:bspolarich%40advancedphotonix.com> >
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

--

From: vantage@yahoogroups .com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups .com] On Behalf Of Elaine Gallagher

I have created a BPM that should send out emails when a new customer and/or a new part are added.

We are on 8.03.406.

The BPM will fire when changing a records, deleting a record but not when a record is added.

What am I doing wrong?

Elaina

(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/vantage/ files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/vantage/ messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/vantage/ linksYahoo! Groups Links

Why does the query design template have a filter for "added records" then? What is the intended purpose of this?

--- On Thu, 6/25/09, Rob Bucek <rbucek@...> wrote:

Date: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 11:06 AM

The deal with post process is that the record has been created and updated in the database. So in short, there are no added records to be seen during post process as rowmod = ‘A’ is not logical after the record already exists in your database.

I have created a Post Processing Method Directive associated with the Part.Update Method Code – the filter is defined in my table query for “Added Records”.

To test the process and make sure that I have everything set accordingly, I changed my table query to also include “Updated Records”. The emails for “Updated Records” come through with Parts Table data.

We are on 8.03.406

--- On Thu, 6/25/09, Brian W. Spolarich <bspolarich@advanced photonix. com <mailto:bspolarich% 40advancedphoton ix.com> > wrote:

From: Brian W. Spolarich <bspolarich@advanced photonix. com <mailto:bspolarich% 40advancedphoton ix.com> >
To: vantage@yahoogroups .com <mailto:vantage% 40yahoogroups. com>

--

From: vantage@yahoogroups .com [mailto:vantage@ yahoogroups .com] On Behalf Of Elaine Gallagher

I have created a BPM that should send out emails when a new customer and/or a new part are added.

We are on 8.03.406.

The BPM will fire when changing a records, deleting a record but not when a record is added.

What am I doing wrong?

Elaina

Right! You can imagine it was so much easier for some hapless programmer in a deep dark room somewhere in the bowels of the Epicor empire….

Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 10:33 AM

Why does the query design template have a filter for "added records" then? What is the intended purpose of this?

--- On Thu, 6/25/09, Rob Bucek <rbucek@... <mailto:rbucek%40dsmfg.com> > wrote:

From: Rob Bucek <rbucek@... <mailto:rbucek%40dsmfg.com> >
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

We are on 8.03.406

--- On Thu, 6/25/09, Brian W. Spolarich <bspolarich@advanced photonix. com <mailto:bspolarich% 40advancedphoton ix.com> > wrote:

From: Brian W. Spolarich <bspolarich@advanced photonix. com <mailto:bspolarich% 40advancedphoton ix.com> >

--

From: vantage@yahoogroups .com [mailto:vantage@ yahoogroups .com] On Behalf Of Elaine Gallagher

We are on 8.03.406.

What am I doing wrong?

Elaina

Ok. Thanks for the help.

--- On Thu, 6/25/09, Rob Bucek <rbucek@...> wrote:

Date: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 11:43 AM

Right! You can imagine it was so much easier for some hapless programmer in a deep dark room somewhere in the bowels of the Epicor empire….

Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 10:33 AM

Why does the query design template have a filter for "added records" then? What is the intended purpose of this?

--- On Thu, 6/25/09, Rob Bucek <rbucek@dsmfg. com <mailto:rbucek% 40dsmfg.com> > wrote:

From: Rob Bucek <rbucek@dsmfg. com <mailto:rbucek% 40dsmfg.com> >

We are on 8.03.406

--- On Thu, 6/25/09, Brian W. Spolarich <bspolarich@ advanced photonix. com <mailto:bspolarich% 40advancedphoton ix.com> > wrote:

From: Brian W. Spolarich <bspolarich@ advanced photonix. com <mailto:bspolarich% 40advancedphoton ix.com> >

--

We are on 8.03.406.

What am I doing wrong?

Elaina