BPM Custom C# Code Where To Start?

Hi,

So as we are transitioning from 2021.1 to 2023.2 we have had a lot of BPMs and function libraries get outdated and I am just wondering where do I find these methods that are being called and what the parameters inside of them are supposed to be? It gives a variable type but not what data field it is looking for.

Example:

I have experience with C, Java, and Python and am capable of learning C# but just am unsure where to start in terms of learning it for the purpose of Epicor strictly.

Any articles/documents you could give me to point me in the right direction would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Ah This is so frustrating! I would like to hear a better solution. but in my experience, I have to paw through my BPMs, directives and BAQs to find any place that references those fields. Just remove any reference to those extra fields that are used by some other modules. For example, I had to remove the auto generated table links for the AltMethod and ProcessMfgID that get added to the partRev>partMtl tables. These fields show up all over the place in calls. I just find them and remove them and it seems to work.
Sorry I don’t have a fast approach!
Good luck!

I’m partial to the BL tester. It doesn’t really explain what they are, but it least tells you the type and the order that the parameters are in, and you can test them out.

If you don’t have the BLTester loaded, you can also look at the .XML files in your client folder. They contain a nice description of each method, parameters, …

3 Likes

I learn something new everyday! Nice one @Mark_Wonsil .

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

BL tester one of my favs :grin: