BPM Data Form Feedback Has Been Received From Client But Not Processed

In this post… BPMData Form Error - E10 - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help) @Rick_Bird and @josecgomez are discussing the BPM form issue that occurs when the developer designs a BPM data form, launches it from a Pre-processing method directive, reads the button value in a Post-processing directive, then gets the Business Logic Error:

BpmData form feedback has been received from client but not processed by server code

Exception caught in: Epicor.ServiceModel

Apparently if you’re using a BO that calls UpdateMaster, and your form is attached to Update, this can happen. In that thread, it got fixed, but there’s no discussion of how. Would someone advise me please? I’m trying to use a form on the Update method of LaborDtl and I’m getting this display, and I’m absolutely sure I’m reading the button value.

Thanks much,
…Monty.

You have to move it. If the BPM Form is called in a child method you need to either move it or disable it to use the other one.

3 Likes

Thanks Jose. I’ll run the trace. Time for me to find out whether tracing works in Office MES!

Best,
.Monty.

When I capture a trace on End Activity, and I reproduce the issue, I only see Update called once, and it does generate the “received from client but not processed” error message. There is no call to UpdateMaster, only these:

BOReader.GetList
EmpBasic.GetList
LangTran.Translate
Labor.GetDetail
LangTran.Translate
Labor.EndActivity
Labor.DefaultLaborQty
Labor.CheckWarnings
BOReader.GetList
InfoPromptForm.GetByID
GenXData.GetByID
Labor.Update
Labor.DefaultLaborQty
Labor.GetRows

The suspicious thing is that the InfoPromptForm (I assume that’s my BPM data form) fires before Labor.Update, when it’s supposed to be triggered by Labor.Update. But if it’s being triggered for some reason by DefaultLaborQty, or CheckWarnings, shouldn’t I see a second Labor.Update at that point?

Please advise; should I try to move the form to the CheckWarnings method?

I suspect some of those other calls (End Activity) call Update also.

Yes, but if they did, wouldn’t Update show again in the trace?

No not if its an internal call.

1 Like

That helps, thanks! I’ll try moving it to one of the other methods.

Best,
…Monty.