BPM E-mail Was Not Sent: 550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay (550)

Thanks for your response Jim.

We created a new "Receive Connector" in Exchange for our Vatnage server. Email is now going to outside recepients through our BPM's.

Thanks so much!

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Jim Mediger <JimM@...> wrote:
>
> Short answer: You will want to create a new "Receive Connector" on the Exchange server in the EMC Server Configuration/Hub Transport.
>
> Here is a link from a quick Google search for "allow exchange 2010 to relay external":
> http://exchangeserverpro.com/how-to-configure-a-relay-connector-for-exchange-server-2010
>
> Should walk you through it.
>
> Hth
> Jim
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of nustepvantage
> Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 2:39 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] BPM E-mail Was Not Sent: 550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay (550)
>
>
>
>
> Hello All,
>
> Over the weekend we moved our email from Lotus Notes to MS Exchange 2010. I have some BPM's that send email to outside customers that have worked great in the past. When we now try to send the emails through Exchange we are getting the following error when the BPM code fires:
>
> E-mail was not sent: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay (550). The error then references the email address it was trying to send the email to using the Bpm.Email.p program.
>
> The BPM's work fine when sending email to internal email addresses only.
>
> I changed the smtp server name to the new Exchange server in Company Configuration and also changed the smtp setting in the mfgsys client config file. Is there an Exchange or Vantage setting we are missing? We are currently running Vantage 803.406A.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David Pfiester
> Systems Accountant
> NuStep, Inc.
> 734-418-1850
>
> **Warning** Any technical data is or may be controlled under the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and may not be exported, released, or disclosed to foreign nationals without proper authorization by the U.S. Department of State." "CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic transmission, its contents and any attachments (hereinafter referred to collectively as "transmission") are confidential and are solely directed to, and intended for, the named addressee(s) only. Any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission by an unintended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this transmission in its entirety from your files. All intellectual property rights in this transmission are expressly reserved."
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Hello All,

Over the weekend we moved our email from Lotus Notes to MS Exchange 2010. I have some BPM's that send email to outside customers that have worked great in the past. When we now try to send the emails through Exchange we are getting the following error when the BPM code fires:

E-mail was not sent: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay (550). The error then references the email address it was trying to send the email to using the Bpm.Email.p program.

The BPM's work fine when sending email to internal email addresses only.

I changed the smtp server name to the new Exchange server in Company Configuration and also changed the smtp setting in the mfgsys client config file. Is there an Exchange or Vantage setting we are missing? We are currently running Vantage 803.406A.

Thanks,

David Pfiester
Systems Accountant
NuStep, Inc.
734-418-1850
The problem is with your Exchange configuration. This is seen by the recipients mail server or spam blocker as an open relay. I do not know the configuration of Exchange 2010, but you should be able to find the answer to this from the Microsoft web site if nobody here can give you a detailed solution.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "nustepvantage" <dpfiester@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> Hello All,
>
> Over the weekend we moved our email from Lotus Notes to MS Exchange 2010. I have some BPM's that send email to outside customers that have worked great in the past. When we now try to send the emails through Exchange we are getting the following error when the BPM code fires:
>
> E-mail was not sent: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay (550). The error then references the email address it was trying to send the email to using the Bpm.Email.p program.
>
> The BPM's work fine when sending email to internal email addresses only.
>
> I changed the smtp server name to the new Exchange server in Company Configuration and also changed the smtp setting in the mfgsys client config file. Is there an Exchange or Vantage setting we are missing? We are currently running Vantage 803.406A.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David Pfiester
> Systems Accountant
> NuStep, Inc.
> 734-418-1850
>
Short answer: You will want to create a new "Receive Connector" on the Exchange server in the EMC Server Configuration/Hub Transport.

Here is a link from a quick Google search for "allow exchange 2010 to relay external":
http://exchangeserverpro.com/how-to-configure-a-relay-connector-for-exchange-server-2010

Should walk you through it.

Hth
Jim

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of nustepvantage
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 2:39 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] BPM E-mail Was Not Sent: 550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay (550)

Hello All,

Over the weekend we moved our email from Lotus Notes to MS Exchange 2010. I have some BPM's that send email to outside customers that have worked great in the past. When we now try to send the emails through Exchange we are getting the following error when the BPM code fires:

E-mail was not sent: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay (550). The error then references the email address it was trying to send the email to using the Bpm.Email.p program.

The BPM's work fine when sending email to internal email addresses only.

I changed the smtp server name to the new Exchange server in Company Configuration and also changed the smtp setting in the mfgsys client config file. Is there an Exchange or Vantage setting we are missing? We are currently running Vantage 803.406A.

Thanks,

David Pfiester
Systems Accountant
NuStep, Inc.
734-418-1850

**Warning** Any technical data is or may be controlled under the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and may not be exported, released, or disclosed to foreign nationals without proper authorization by the U.S. Department of State." "CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic transmission, its contents and any attachments (hereinafter referred to collectively as "transmission") are confidential and are solely directed to, and intended for, the named addressee(s) only. Any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission by an unintended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this transmission in its entirety from your files. All intellectual property rights in this transmission are expressly reserved."

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]