BPM in CustShip to fire when the packed QTY does not match reque

Sure. Email me at gpayne at Compulink . com. I am out for Easter till Monday.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ahsalloum@...
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2014 4:51 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: BPM in CustShip to fire when the packed QTY does not match requested QTY

Greg,

Would you be willing to help offline?  I am having trouble making your BPM work.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6280 and immediately delete the communication.

"This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."
Basically, I want a warning message to pop up when the shipper accidentally ships too many.

Here is what I have made and is not working;
I created a Post-Processing Method Directive under CustShip.POValidatePart using Condition expression...

the ipPartNum argument is equal to the if ttPackOut.TotPackedQty > ttPackOut.TotRelQty then "true" else "false" expression

Am I using the wrong Method Code?  Am I using the wrong condition all together?

I have only made one BPM, so I am still very new to this.

This is how we stop over shipments.

Condition:

the ShipDtl.SellingShipmentQty field of the changed row is not equal to the 0 expression

Action ABL:

/* check shipping qty */

DEFINE VARIABLE xmsg AS CHARACTER.

def var PrevJobShipQty as Integer init 0.

For each ttShipDtl where ttShipDtl.RowMod="U" or ttShipDtl.RowMod="A":

If ttShipDtl.SellingShippedQty + ttShipDtl.SellingShipmentQty > ttShipDtl.SellingReqQty then DO:

ASSIGN xMsg = "Ship Qty more than Order/Line/Release Quantity:" + "~n" + "Remaining Qty: " + STRING(ttShipDtl.SellingRemainQty) + "~n" + "Your Ship Qty: " + string(ttShipDtl.SellingShipmentQty).

{lib/PublishEx.i &ExMsg = "xmsg"}

END.

For First JobHead fields ( ProdQty ) where ttShipDtl.JobNum = JobHead.JobNum and ttShipDtl.Company = cur-comp.

If ttShipDtl.OurJobShipQty  + PrevJobShipQty > Jobhead.ProdQty then DO:

ASSIGN xMsg = "Ship Qty more than Job Quantity:" + "~n" + "Job Qty: " + STRING(JobHead.ProdQty) + "~nPrevious Shipments" + string(PrevJobShipQty) + "~nYour Ship Qty: " + string(ttShipDtl.OurJobShipQty).

{lib/PublishEx.i &ExMsg = "xmsg"}

END.

End.

END.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ahsalloum@...
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 9:53 AM
Subject: [Vantage] BPM in CustShip to fire when the packed QTY does not match requested QTY

Basically, I want a warning message to pop up when the shipper accidentally ships too many.

Here is what I have made and is not working;

I created a Post-Processing Method Directive under CustShip.POValidatePart using Condition expression...

the ipPartNum argument is equal to the if ttPackOut.TotPackedQty > ttPackOut.TotRelQty then "true" else "false" expression

Am I using the wrong Method Code?  Am I using the wrong condition all together?

I have only made one BPM, so I am still very new to this.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6280 and immediately delete the communication.

"This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."
Greg,
Thank you for your response.  I could be wrong, but I don't know if that will work with how we do things.  We don't work with jobs, we are strictly distribution.  I should have mentioned that initially.  We are using the Customer Shipment Entry and we create a new Pack ID, Scan the Order number, Scan the Part Number and hit all the function keys to process.  Do you think your code will work for our business?

Yes, the first part is for inventory. It would never hit the jobs part.

Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:48 PM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] BPM in CustShip to fire when the packed QTY does not match requested QTY

Greg,

Thank you for your response.  I could be wrong, but I don't know if that will work with how we do things.  We don't work with jobs, we are strictly distribution.  I should have mentioned that initially.  We are using the Customer Shipment Entry and we create a new Pack ID, Scan the Order number, Scan the Part Number and hit all the function keys to process.  Do you think your code will work for our business?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Greg,
Are you using a Method or Data Directive?  Also, are you using Post-Processing and CustShip.POValidatePart as the Method Code?  If you don't mind sir.

Method

CustShip.GetQtyInfo

Post Processing

for each ttshipdtl where (ttshipdtl.RowMod = 'U' or ttshipdtl.RowMod = 'A') and ttshipdtl.DisplayInvQty > ttshipdtl.SellingRemainQty

Miguel A. Santillan

Compass Manufacturing Systems

510-661-6666  Office

Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 8:34 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: BPM in CustShip to fire when the packed QTY does not match requested QTY

Greg,

Are you using a Method or Data Directive?  Also, are you using Post-Processing and CustShip.POValidatePart as the Method Code?  If you don't mind sir.

Awesome.  I will try that out.  Thanks guys!
Greg,
Would you be willing to help offline?  I am having trouble making your BPM work.