BPM on JobOper

I will join you Al

so it does have C#LINQ (Database and UI) forms functions and techniques ?

1 Like

Yes it has a lets solve this problem via C#… then it has a … Now lets solve it via LINQ Only. It has a decent amount of problems to show you the power of LINQ and a diff approach to problem solving. It comes with LINQPad Examples you can embed into LINQPad and tinker w/.

you are a star

I got my copy on order :smile:

@Adrian_Mepham
i have found this on Microsoft Virtual Academy website, it is good as a starter, not to the details of @hkeric.wci advanced techniques though, but will give you an idea

1 Like

Thank you Al, I have added it to my watchlist

One thing you can learn is when you use the VIsual BPM Designer, it will create the Source code on \\SERVER\inetpub\WhereverYourPathIs\EpicorERP\Server\BPM\Sources

You can always learn from it. Lets say you use the Auto-Print or Email Widget and you need to do something more creative, you can use the Widget save the BPM, go look up the generated source code and now you know how to do it in a Custom C# Code Widget yourself (with more flexibility).

3 Likes

Another possible solution outside of the BPM box that we use here, is to create a query that looks for the problems, then add that query via BAQ Gadget to the problem owners home screen. That way it just shows up there. If you get too many, you take a little bit of a performance hit for that specific user, but it doesn’t bog the rest of the users down, and it doesn’t fill up inboxes. Plus you know when it’s fixed because it drops off the list.

Just another approach (because I hate nag e-mails)

3 Likes

I am a big fan of “Exception” Dashboards… Email is fragile to relie on… one day it works, one day the SMTP Server is down, another day the Spam Filter caught it, another day the Task Agent had a hiccup… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Or the person is on vacation… Or the person quits…

Work the exception report to zero, every day.

2 Likes

Al,

This is great! However, when I use set field “Job Released” to false, it’ll set job released to false no matter if the custom code is met. It seems like it’s missing a condition but everything I have tried it continues to set job released to false.

Any thoughts?

Hi Lawson,
could you give more details about what you are trying to achieve, screenshot, code, …etc ?

Goal: To not let a job be released without having a production standard on all MFG operations. Pop up message to notify which operations are missing a standard.

Job marked for release

Custom Code

Set field back to unreleased

Issue: Everything works but if there is a production standard, there will be no message but it’ll still set Job Released to false.

yes mate, you need to add another condition line in your condition widget, as per the following:

HTH

I know I can count on you to find my mistakes!

Thanks Al. I had created a second condition that was very similar to yours before hand but had it after the code.

I appreciate it.

no problem mate, use the assign variable approach is much better in performance than linking to ttTable, the print screen i shared from my old Test environment.

You violated rule 381. One does not join ttTable to a Regular Table. :slight_smile:

:sunglasses:

I violated rule 211. Read and re-read and dont skip lines.

1 Like