BPM Question - Vantage 8.03.404B

Rob -
Thanks for your response. I haven't used indirection of variables, and also havent worked with adding code to create BPM's. Would you happen to have any examples of code that you have applied that you would be willing to share? Or have any other suggestions that can help get me moving in the right direction?
Thanks,
 Dustin Biniek
UMC, Inc.

DustinB@...

----- Original Message ----
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 3:56:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Vantage] BPM Question - Vantage 8.03.404B

I don't quite understand why you would have trouble with this but, you clearly are - so try some indirection.

Capture the value of the table.field to compare to in a temp variable and then compare the field that was changed to the variable's value.

If you are saying you want to do this comparison if EITHER field value changes, then you will likely need two BPMs (and, in that case, might not need to use a temp variable for indirection) .

Rob Brown

--- On Fri, 6/27/08, melissa hietala <kevmel822@yahoo. com> wrote:
Subject: [Vantage] BPM Question - Vantage 8.03.404B
To: vantage@yahoogroups .com
Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 4:37 PM

I am looking into creating BPM's to monitor database activity. I am familiar with the majority of the "Condition" statements and how they work, and have used many of them in the past. I am looking to monitor a scenario that I haven't come across before, and am having issues trying to set up the conditions. As an example, say for instance I wanted to compare two fields: QuoteDtl.OrderQty and QuoteDtl.SellingExp ectedQty. As a condition, I want to compare these fields, and if they do not equal eachother, I would like the BPM to fire. I have used the condition statement " the specified field of the changed row is equal to the specific value", but this seems to work only when comparing a field value to a specific value. In my case, I'm looking to compare two field values. How would I setup the conditions to do this? Any ideas would be much appreciated and thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,

Dustin Biniek

UMC, Inc.

DustinB@ultramc. com

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

I am looking into creating BPM's to monitor database activity. I am familiar with the majority of the "Condition" statements and how they work, and have used many of them in the past. I am looking to monitor a scenario that I haven't come across before, and am having issues trying to set up the conditions. As an example, say for instance I wanted to compare two fields: QuoteDtl.OrderQty and QuoteDtl.SellingExpectedQty.  As a condition, I want to compare these fields, and if they do not equal eachother, I would like the BPM to fire. I have used the condition statement " the specified field of the changed row is equal to the specific value", but this seems to work only when comparing a field value to a specific value. In my case, I'm looking to compare two field values. How would I setup the conditions to do this? Any ideas would be much appreciated and thanks in advance for your help.
Thanks,

Dustin Biniek
UMC, Inc.
DustinB@...

I don't quite understand why you would have trouble with this but, you clearly are - so try some indirection.

Capture the value of the table.field to compare to in a temp variable and then compare the field that was changed to the variable's value.

If you are saying you want to do this comparison if EITHER field value changes, then you will likely need two BPMs (and, in that case, might not need to use a temp variable for indirection).

Rob Brown

--- On Fri, 6/27/08, melissa hietala <kevmel822@...> wrote:
Subject: [Vantage] BPM Question - Vantage 8.03.404B
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 4:37 PM

I am looking into creating BPM's to monitor database activity. I am familiar with the majority of the "Condition" statements and how they work, and have used many of them in the past. I am looking to monitor a scenario that I haven't come across before, and am having issues trying to set up the conditions. As an example, say for instance I wanted to compare two fields: QuoteDtl.OrderQty and QuoteDtl.SellingExp ectedQty. As a condition, I want to compare these fields, and if they do not equal eachother, I would like the BPM to fire. I have used the condition statement " the specified field of the changed row is equal to the specific value", but this seems to work only when comparing a field value to a specific value. In my case, I'm looking to compare two field values. How would I setup the conditions to do this? Any ideas would be much appreciated and thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,

Dustin Biniek

UMC, Inc.

DustinB@ultramc. com