Broke old versions installing new version

I am trying to update 1 environment on our server to kinetic for testing. We have others instances on the server as well and in the process, I broke the other test environments. below is the error I get when i try to connect to the App server

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. —> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. —> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Net.PooledStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar)

— End of inner exception stack trace —

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context)

at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetRequestStreamCallback(IAsyncResult ar)

— End of inner exception stack trace —

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Microsoft.Extensions.Http.Logging.LoggingHttpMessageHandler.d__5.MoveNext()

— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Microsoft.Extensions.Http.Logging.LoggingScopeHttpMessageHandler.d__5.MoveNext()

at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.d__60.MoveNext()

at Epicor.Utilities.AsyncHelper.RunSync[TResult](Func`1 method)

at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.Execute(String methodName, RestValueSerializerBase serializer, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut)

at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.<>c__DisplayClass58_0.b__0(Context _)

at Polly.Policy`1.<>c__DisplayClass32_0.b__0(Context ctx, CancellationToken ct)

at Polly.Retry.RetryEngine.Implementation[TResult](Func3 action, Context context, CancellationToken cancellationToken, IEnumerable1 shouldRetryExceptionPredicates, IEnumerable1 shouldRetryResultPredicates, Func1 policyStateFactory)

at Polly.RetryTResultSyntax.<>c__DisplayClass12_01.<WaitAndRetry>b__0(Func3 action, Context context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Polly.Policy1.ExecuteInternal(Func3 action, Context context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Polly.Policy1.Execute(Func3 action, Context context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Polly.Policy1.Execute(Func2 action, Context context)

at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.CallWithCommunicationFailureRetry(String methodName, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut, RestRpcValueSerializer serializer)

at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.CallWithMultistepBpmHandling(String methodName, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut, Boolean useSparseCopy)

at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.Call(String methodName, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut, Boolean useSparseCopy)

at Ice.Proxy.BO.UserFileImpl.GetUserFile()

at Epicor.Mfg.Administration.ServerManagement.ApplicationServerManager.Forms.NewSessionForm.BackgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Fixed that issue. now I am getting this

System.Exception: Unable to find server config or template file in the server directory.
at SetupEnvironment.Steps.ConfigureServerConfig.CopyFromTemplate(String configFileName)
at SetupEnvironment.Steps.ConfigureServerConfig.InnerRun()
at SetupEnvironment.StepBase.Run()

Hello Matthew. How did you fix the first issue? I am attempting an upgrade from E10.2.600 to Kinetic 2022.1 and received the same error after creating the App Server.
Thanks for any guidance,
Kelly

I’m assuming you chose to create a self-signed certificate.

This post might be of some help: