Built In Scrap But Only for Demand and not usage

We currently build scrap into our BOMs with the scrap percent field but I was wondering if there is a way scrap can be built in so procurement can see the demand with scrap to ensure we buy enough material but the actual job will not consume the additional scrap automatically. The scrap would then be reported separately against the job in some manner. Any suggestions on whether there is a way to do this or if there is a better approach?

So you can use only Qty/Parent included scrap qty. But on that way you won’t have planned scrap. Only actual scrap qty is reported.

I know see there is a material salvage screen that would allow us to salvage material once the job is complete if we do not use everything we planned. What happens if we utilize more though? Is there a way to record additional scrap against the job in job tracker? Also, is there a report that can be run detailing the scrap that shows up as planned scrap/salvaged material?

As I know, Scrap makes your est. cost increases and cannot re-use. Salvage can be known as what you can get back after doing something on materials - can re-use. Salvage makes your est. cost decreases (if you set credit rate).

Currently I only know 2 ways to setup this. Another way is return material if not use.