Business Rule- Order Entry

Business rules logic is in store procedure. I have created a business rule for order approval based on product group. If the item is under a specific product group range then it needs approval from the management. They can still save the order by unchecking the approval box. So now if the management approves the order, but if the sales person wants to edit the quantity, they still needs to get reapproved from management. Any ideas how can we bypass it. Since the business rule approval is for the entire order, not sure how i can manage it line level.

Is the above scenario what i am trying possible?

Hi Naga,

It sounds like you need another UD field to track that it was once approved. I would consider having your approved checkbox, a shortchar for user id who did the approving, and a date stamp. When approved, approver checks it, business rule ensures they’re right person to approve and it stamps user name (approver) and date in ud fields.
Now add logic that sales can uncheck the approved, edit the order and then sales gets to recheck because original approver data is in the user/date stamp fields.

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

That was my initial thought, but then, it might also open a chance to enter an additional line which might need an approval from the management. As the approval provided is for the whole order. Do you think we need to add an UD field in the line item level defined for each row.

Book Detail already records all order line and release changes. You can leverage that and add UD fields there to record approver IDs and comments etc.

Hi Naga,

Perhaps a checkbox on each line (hidden) that gets checked when approval is done on header by original approver. If line checkbox not checked then it must be new, no-go on sales getting to recheck approved on header.

You might want to search on “sales order hold” on this website to get some more ideas as well. Be wary, an order release will be attempted to get fulfilled when entered in Epicor unless clicked unfirm, I believe.

Nancy