Can I create a BAQ to call a RDD

You can create different report styles that use different crystal reports allowing you to organize the data differently.  Additional tables can be linked into a copy of the RDD, for example if there is a field with a part number in it and the Part table isn't already linked in you can link the Part table.  This will bring in the part related data for that part.

You can't control the record selection beyond what the original report screen allows though.  You can add filtering to your Crystal report that can reduce the data-set once it gets to Crystal.

To go beyond this you would need to build a BAQ or other query to build your data-set.

Jim Kinneman
Encompass Solutions, Inc
Hi,

I would like to create a crystal report off of a modified Report Data Definition that I copied and edited.  However I want to use it separately in the BAQ Report Designer.  Is this possible or am I only able to copy the report style, point to my modified data definition and make changes there?

Cheers..
J Seeman

You would need to recreate the RDD within a BAQ.Â

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jseeman@...
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2014 2:13 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Can I create a BAQ to call a RDD

Hi,

I would like to create a crystal report off of a modified Report Data Definition that I copied and edited.  However I want to use it separately in the BAQ Report Designer.  Is this possible or am I only able to copy the report style, point to my modified data definition and make changes there?

Cheers..

J Seeman

Hi,

But the RDD uses temp tables that Epicor create to perform calculations on open invoices etc.  Particularly, I am trying to recreate the ARInvBal Data Report Definition. We are using Epicor 905.701.

Is this something that can be done fairly easily?

Cheers..
JSeeman

Why are you trying to recreate the ARInvBal Data Report Definition?

Is the report missing information or is it the filters?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jseeman@...
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 3:41 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Can I create a BAQ to call a RDD

Hi,

But the RDD uses temp tables that Epicor create to perform calculations on open invoices etc.  Particularly, I am trying to recreate the ARInvBal Data Report Definition. We are using Epicor 905.701.

Is this something that can be done fairly easily?

Cheers..

JSeeman

Hello,

No rather I would like to use that RDD result set to create a completely different report.  This way I can have it assigned to a different menu and use different filters/options.  I am not sure its possible however.

Cheers..

Jill