Can you Hide Column in Grid based on View ( Dashboard)?

Good Morning All,

Still working through migrations to Kinetic from Classic Dashboards. I took 1 dashboard and deployed it to an App. In Classic, this had 2 views on 1 of the grids. It seems to have converted ok, I get the 2 views above the grid but they are both displaying all of the columns. I cant seem to find a way to 'Hide" a column. Just for simplicity sake, this is the setup for the Dashboard( in Classic)
BAQ 0 is the source for the “master” grid.
BAQ 1 is the source for Grid 1
BAQ 0 publishes JobNum
BAQ 1 filtered on JobNum is source for Grid 1
Grid 1 view A has Col’s a,b,c,
Grid 1 view B has Col’s d,e,f

On the Kinetic Published dashboard, View a and b have col’s a,b,c,d,e,f .

Am I missing something ?
Do I have to recreate views from scratch ? :thinking:
I am hoping for an easy conversion for other Dashboards with similar setups( Tabbed views of the grid) .

Thanks in advance

Dean

You can hide them from Properties > Grid Model > Columns. When it converted, it probably put all of the columns in that section. Just remove the ones you don’t want to see.

Hi Aaron,

That looks like it will change the base Grid. I would think that I should look in Properties > Advanced > View Options > Columns but there are no columns listed there. The desired columns are different for each view…

Can you clarify this more? Maybe with some screenshots.
When you’re changing the properties that I specified, it’s for that panel grid only–not the underlying data.

THis grid has 2 views, Costs and Status

With that grid selected I need view Options to get to view( Bottom Arrow)

Drop down choices

Columns is empty…

Since it’s empty, you can click the plus to add only the ones you want to see.

*Thanks for the screenshots. That helped a lot.

Ok, Tried with just Job Num. Looks like will have to add all columns i need to both views , Arrgg,

Exactly. This is the tedious part–especially if you have a large dataset.

I was trying to be efficient and use same datasource for status and Cost. Really missing regular form like in classic.Grids take up so much room…

1 Like

Here is an update on this topic.

I had 3 Grids on a query in Dashboard Maintenance. I Deployed Application , Loaded up Kinetic dashboard in Menu . What Epicor ‘autotmagically’ does is create 3 views for that grid. I tried for the better part of a day trying to set the columns up in the first view and could not hide any. I tried everything except punching the monitor…
Then I tried to hide columns in the second view as per screenshots above and …viola, first try worked ( listed just 1 column to test it ) .

For some reason, I guess you cant edit the first view. ( was also listed as default view ) Why ?? I have no idea. I just hope someone reads this and saves a lot of hair pulling trying to “Hide” columns.

Can anyone else confirm this or do I just have a messed up dashboard ??