Can you Reorder and Order

Is the current method to reorder and Order is to Copy it? Or is there other options? On either option, is there a linkage between the one that was copied or original to the new one?

Are you referring to a Sales Order and a customer re-ordering parts?

Yes

I can’t find anything that links the two, but wanted to see if someone else knew anything I don’t.

I don’t believe there is anything that links the two. The only link that I know of is a Quote that is turned into a Sales Order.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking. I bet if we added DocStar, we could link the reorder sin DocSTar, but that would be about it. I guess, if I wanted to create a linkage between them, could it be possible to use a BPM to fire when they select Copy Order, then take the previous Sales Order Number and put that in a UD table? If the linkage is not inherent, I’d like to create it. But not sure if I can base a BPM off of clicking Copy Order in Order Entry.

If I understood what you wanted…correctly…

When you select the order you want to “re-order” In the menu select Actions/Order/Copy

It will create a new order with the same lines…

Pierre

Yes, you are correct. What I was trying to convey in my last statement was that I am needing to create the Linkage between the original and the copied order. So, could it be possible to use a BPM to fire when they select Copy Order, then take the previous Sales Order Number and put that in a UD table? If the linkage is not inherent, I’d like to create it. But not sure if I can base a BPM off of clicking Copy Order in Order Entry.

I checked the Business Objects out when I copied an order but nothing was exactly standing out. So, any input would be helpful.

Ohh I see.

There is a method directive : CopyOrder under SalesOrder you may want to try out…
(Erp.SalesOrder.CopyOrder)
(did not test… but maybe the original order number is available through that ? )

Pierre

I was too curious… so I tested just a message in pre and post and got the old number in both…

So i am sure you can do what you want here…

Pierre

1 Like

SWEET! How did you set that up?

What’s wrong with the built in “Copy Order” function?

Like @Hogardy Use a BPM on the SalesOrder.CopyOrder to populate a field in the newly created order, with the order num of the prior one

Nothing is wrong with the built in Copy Order, it works great! I just need to have a linkage between the original order and the new one. I only asked about his setup as if he had it handy, it would save me a little time. But I am working on it now and am about done.

Well
under Method Directive module clic on Method Code… then select like the following:

Click OK.

Then I cannot be sure…I keep getting error dataset arguments not set… trying to use any setters widgets… I am a bit confused of how/where to acheive this…

Unless only available via code?
anyone?

Pierre

1 Like