Cannot create new lines in Customer Shipment Entry

When we add a line from a sales order we are getting the error “The Value does not match the mask.”

I have checked the logs, nothing, and I enabled tracing, but nothing that reveals what the cause.

Thanks.

This usually has to do with the mask of the field holding the data. It usually means the field is too small to hold data you’re populating.

Run Conversion 9527 for Vantage 8.03. That should fix your problem.

Thanks for the response. My 9527 is “Set Credit Limit Totals.” Is this correct?

Correct.

There is a one-off fix for this by the way. I also believe the newest patch fo 8.03 fixes this too. It’s been a long time since I was on 8.03. Call Epicor Support to get the long term fix.

Okay. I ran the conversion, but the error persists. Anywhere else we should look?

Might I suggest that the proposed solution of conversion 9527 “Set Credit Limit Total” may not address your topic. In the past I have encountered this error and message. For example , this normally occurs when the DB Column Data Type and the User Interface Field Precision are skewed, in other words the UI column’s numeric data type is defined as double precision, the DB field is defined as integer or single precision, and the mask input is defined as “nnn,nnn,nnn,nnn.nn”.

[cid:6f922cfc-4c02-4233-993e-f44b9bbd5e63]

I have corrected this topic using the customization tools to adjust the edit mask to “nn,nnn.nn” and using Customization’s Custom XML Editor added the necessary supporting XML code. The modified edit mask value was selected based upon the maximum single precision integer signed value of 65535.

If you require more assistance or explanation than I have provided we need to take this topic off-line.

Thank You!

Carl