Cannot open Epicor Kinetic 2021.1.7 since installing the latest Microsoft Update KB5004237 which removes the embedded Flash Player

User cannot open Epicor Kinetic 2021.1.7 since installing the latest Microsoft Update KB5004237 which removes the embedded Flash Player. Sometimes the Epicor login screen opens and immediately closes - other times it will let the user put in some or all of their password and when they hit the login button the screen closes. The user can never get past the login screen.

Has anyone else installed the Microsoft Update KB5004237 and had issues? I also have a case open with Epicor but wondering if other users have had issues as we are currently testing 2021.1.7 in Pilot.
Thanks!

Hi Debbie, did you ever get this issue resolved? If so I would be curious to know what the solution was.

Dan

No and Epicor Support insists it is not their issue so we are not getting much help. They insist it is an issue with our Windows User Profiles. We have installed the Microsoft Update KB5004237 on 4 computers now - all with the same build and only 1 of the 4 works. Are you having this same issue? Our Epicor case is CS0002688679.

We did just find that deleting and re-creating the windows user profile fixes the epicor issue BUT causes us a lot of extra work. We are trying to figure out where Epicor data is kept for windows user profiles - al of the data is in C:\Users[username]\AppData but we do not see an Epicor folder anywhere in here. Anyone out here have an idea?

We have one user experiencing very similar behavior when attempting to run the client. I will check his PC today for Microsoft Update KB5004237.

Dan

What about deleting the Strong Name and 808 folders?

We did try both and did not resolve our issue. So far the only thing we have found to resolve this issue is deleting and re-creating the windows user profile which is a lot of extra work.

I wonder if removing Internet Temp Files helps, via Internet Options.

We tried this as well - didn’t help

We have finally found a resolution to this issue other than re-creating Windows User Profiles. We cleared the files within the Temp Folder under C:\Users\UserID \AppData\Local\Temp

3 Likes

Adding a comment I received from EpicCare Support regarding the resolution we found as they did have a word of caution…
Hi Debbie, That solution you found is great to hear. Thanks for sharing the details with me. That C:\Users\UserID\AppData\Local\Temp folder is rather tricky to judge as you never know if some other program running on the PC might have some dependency on a file there. I am happy that emptying the Temp directory worked for you and your users system. Thanks again! Pete