Can't Close Message Box in Kinetic Application

So I can confirm in 2022.2.1 the OK button seems to work fine for BPM messages. If you open developer console (F12) and click ok does anything log? Do you have an Ad Blocker installed that might be messing with it at all? What browser are you testing in?

1 Like

The issue occurs on the desktop client install and on the web browser so I don’t think it’s anything to do with ad blocker. I also just confirmed that ad block is off and the issue is still there.

Also I’m not sure what the developer console is. Are you referring to the “Epicor Administration Console”? If so, F12 didn’t seem to do anything when I pressed it.

I will try to install the latest update to see if that is my issue. I’ll keep you posted.

F12 in chrome, the console may have a logged event error when you click the button.

I was able to replicate this in the browser on 2022.2.1.

3MsgBoxError

1 Like

Seems like a serious bug, how is Kinetic going GA? Tell Marketing to chill, let the Software Engineers do their job :slight_smile:

New Rule for any inconvenient simple bug, we get to invoice Epicor for time lost :slight_smile:

And no we are not putting in Aha Ideas for Bugs like Support always wants us to.

2 Likes

1 Like

How did you get that to happen? I tested one of my BPMs on 2022.2.1 and it wasn’t an issue, mine was an error not a warning though. Let me try warning quick.

I just did 3 info messages on update. Did info, warning, error, just to show that things were changing.

1 Like

Did they ever fix the PRE & POST (Enabled from PRE Widget)? :slight_smile: that one would be a show stopper for us.

1 Like

Was there ever an issue with that?

Right?!

We also have this bug in Data Collection (MES)

Multiple messages in the same BPM causes it going to report under controlled release now.

2 Likes

I wish someone would just invent Test Driven TDD or BDD. Off my soap box, feels like a Monday. No hard feelings… but don’t forget we all pay 100K’s in maintenance fees… some even 600K :slight_smile: a bit frustrating thats all. Back to work.

1 Like

Submitted the bug

4 Likes

Interestingly enough, our pre-post BPM’s aren’t broken. It’s funny because I imported a test on from @jgiese.wci , and it was broken. But the BPM’s that were arleady in the system didn’t break for us.

1 Like

Only happens coming from 10.2.600.x up to 2021.1.11 or >. Some version to that effect. No fix.

1 Like

Ah, Didn’t realize it was version specific like that. Sounds like a fix would be a stop on and intermediate version.

1 Like

Or whatever the conversion workbench is doing from 600 to 700 needs to be handled coming from 600 to 2021+… maybe… that would be the fix?

2 Likes

PRB0253923 for this issue.

3 Likes