Can't print packing slips ahead of time if Calculate Taxes for Customer Shipments is checked

So the Epicor help states:

This is kinda terrible for us, our work flow has an office person prepare all packers for the day for the shipper ahead of time. We can’t use this workflow if printing is disabled until fright/invoicing.

Does anyone know a good workaround?

To better understand your process, why do you need taxes on shipments? why would you need this printed if it can be modified after?

Is the printed packing slip that the office person prepares before the packer only a preview and it is not actually by the shipper?

As a workaround you could try setting the flag as false in company, print the preview packing slip without taxes for the shipper/reenable the company flag, and later once the shipper actually marks the pack as shipped and taxes are calculated then reprint the slip.

To better understand your process, why do you need taxes on shipments? why would you need this printed if it can be modified after?

We don’t, but apparently we have to so we are implementing it. We have them printed the morning of so the shipper can keep up with the work load. They aren’t modified after printing except for unusual circumstances were a shipment is canceled/changed before it is able to ship.

We don’t want any costs or taxes to show on the packing slip at all. But when you turn on the Calculate Taxes for Customer Shipments it put prices on the packing slip and disables printing until it has shipped.

We are temporarily disabling the shipping tax checkbox, printing all the packers without any prices on them, and then turning the taxes back on so when they are invoiced they do get the taxes. This seems risky and not cool at all.

Perhaps we don’t understand the purpose of the Calculate Taxes for Customer Shipments checkbox. I thought this was needed for the shipment costs to be taxed. Is that not the case?

Ah, it turns out the shipments will be taxed at invoicing even if this in unchecked. The name of the checkbox should really be reconsidered. Perhaps “Display Taxes for Customer Shipments” would be more clear that its not actually needed for the tax to be calculated.

1 Like

The help I believe mentions that the tax calculation is specific to the shipment and it can change at the time of Invoicing since taxes will be recalculated.

I guess I asked the wrong questions, it would’ve been better to mention that from the beginning.