Capture Dashboard Parameter to callContextBpmData

I’ve seen a lot of posts that appear to be similar, but so far I’m just banging my head against the wall.

I’ve got an updateable dashboard (Kinetic Form) that runs based on a BAQ with a parameter @OpCode. When the BAQ executes to populate the dashboard, I’d like to write the value of @OpCode out to callContextBpmData.Character01.

When the user does an update on the dashboard, I want to use that parameter in a BPM that’s firing on the UpdateExt method.

Seems like this should be simple, but so far not having any luck.

Populate it on the GetList in the UBAQ.

GetList → Post

callContextBpmData.Character01 = executionParams.ExecutionParameter.Where(x => x.ParameterID == "OpCode").FirstOrDefault().ParameterValue;
1 Like

Actually, that was one of the first things I tried. However, I don’t believe the DynamicQuery.GetList method when the dashboard is a Kinetic form (as opposed to the Classic form). I put an Informational Message in the Post-Processing BPM. If I run the dashboard in Classic view - I get the message. Running the Kinetic Application - don’t get the message (and the call context variable isn’t getting set).

I did a trace on the Kinetic form using the Chrome Developer tools, it appears that’s executing the Ice.BO.KineticErp.ExecuteBaq method. I put a post-processing BPM on that - it’s displaying a message that it’s hitting it. However, when I tried using the same code, I’m getting a compile error. Says List does not contain a definition for ‘ExecutionParameter’, etc. I tried finding a Using or Assembly Reference, not sure if I’m finding the correct one though.

I missed “Kinetic Form”.

I’ll find you a workaround.

1 Like

For some light reading, see this thread. There are som issues with this “shim” they seem to have haphazardly added for the new UX.

1 Like

Tried removing the “SkipBpmOnGetList” parameter. That seemed to execute fine, but still didn’t allow the GetList bpm to trigger.

I’ve had pretty good luck with the UX dashboards as long as they’re pretty simple. I’ve stuck with Classic for any dashboards that had any complications in them and for all updateable. Looks like I’m going to stay the “classic” route until Epicor puts effort into getting Dashboards up to speed. From my 20 year experience with Epicor going back to Vantage 8 - it’s always seemed like the tools were Beta much longer than the user-facing apps. I have confidence UX dashboards will get caught up at some point, unfortunately they’re still not quite ready for prime time.

Thanks for the help Kevin!

Cool, I’ll still probably futz with it when I have a moment.