Kinetic UI Dashboard with BPM on BAQ GetList does not trigger the BPM

Hello there,

I am developping a dashboard linked to an updatable BAQ that has a post-Process BPM on the GetList.

On the first refresh of the dashboard the GetList BPM is triggered so my column filled by the BPM are correct.

But when I need to click back on refresh the values are no more there in the columns.

I found in the netword in developer console the second time we refresh there is this execution settings param: Name: “SkipBpmOnGetList”, Value: “true”.

Does anybody know a way to prevent that?

Thanks,

Never seen that before. Interesting.

This Is Interesting Season 4 GIF by The Office

Did you develop this dashboard?

Trying to figure out if this is an Epicor feature or if someone made a trigger.

Hello, Yes it is a dashboard I developped.

It seems to be an Epicor Feature.

We found a workaround by creating a pre-process BPM on Ice.BO.KineticErp.ExecuteBaq

Thanks,

1 Like

You might want to put some criteria restrictions on that, at least for now, limited to maybe certain BAQs, until we know what this “feature” will affect.

That’s a new BO too. :thinking:

True first time I sees it also.

Following to see if anyone from epicor has any comment on why this was implemented. We will have some issues too.

@Olga @timshuwy this is a new one do we know what the sitch is? We use GetList BPM all the time.

Did it work in smart client? If yes, report it, there must be better ways to fix kinetic dashboards than just removing GetList logic

2 Likes

Hello Olga,

We have the same issue within the smart client. I just found the reason within the broser on why on second refresh my values disapeared.
I dont know why but in the payload it send the SkipBpmOnGetList = true parameter.

We should have a way to remove this param in the dashboard maintenance or just that it stay to false by default I dont know any reason why we would want the getList BPM to not be triggered.

Thanks,

Yes, really curious on what is going on here and the reasoning behind it.

I have dashboards entirely populated via GetList.

So it works for you in smart client?

If you are referring to me, I have never encountered this before, so I am so far unaffected. I’m also flexed a version behind.

Yes in Smart Client the Dashboard fires GetList very time you refresh

In UX it only fires GetList the first time you hit refresh.

idk, from what I understand there was a bug with executing dbd with GetList.
I think you need to report it so Kinetic UI team look again

Not on my cloud version I am using the smart client with a kinetic UX and it does not fire each time. But, if I use the classic version it fires each time.

I have an opened case that hang for this issue since 2 months ago.

That’s the same thing as browser, it’s just running in an embedded browser.
The behavior is consistent, so good we know that.

that change was in 2022 so you are not that behind