Change action on MES Buttons

Hi
Is it possible to change the behavior of the standard buttons on the MES form? I want to replace the Standard Help button with a customized Help (actually a pdf document with links to “how to” videos).

It’s probably easier to hide/move the old one, and replace it with your own. The user wouldn’t know the difference, and it would be tough to stop the loading of the stock form.

1 Like

Rob-

I agree with Brandon…. Hide the current button and create your own. I added a custom button to our MES screen for printing material tags. When they click the button, I take the user to a customized UD table (UD39) entry screen to gather some info from them (and then had a button on that screen to call the Print Material Tags form).

I customized the main MES menu to add the custom button control to the form.

Then the click event did something like:
ProcessCaller.LaunchForm(oTrans, "Ice.UI.UD39Entry");

Then I created a menu item for UD39 and applied my customized UD39 form to it.

Then I added an entry in Process Calling Maintenance that pointed the UD39 entry form to actually call my customized version of it.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
-Sharla

2 Likes

Hi Sharla,

I am fairly new to epicor coustomization. I read your topic on creating new custom button in MES and taking the user to a customized UD table entry screen to gather information from them.
Can you please provide me the article/document of how to get this process done? since I have a similar kind of request from my team.
The support document would be very helpful. Please help.

Hi Subha. I’m not aware of any document that details the method that I used for this. I pieced together info from various users on this help forum. Here’s one thread below where I received alot of help from other users on this project. You should review this. Good luck!