Change Epicor Password using REST services

Hi Everyone

Epicor version: E10 10.2.300.11

I am doing a web portal that is using EPICOR REST services, one of the task for this Web portal is to be able to change the password of my Epicor Account, so then, I am trying to use the following services Custom methods, Ice.BO.User.FileSvc / ChangePassword, this method request 3 parameters

• userId
  • currentPassword
  • newPassword

currentPassword and newPassword require to be encrypted, my question is…

Do you know what kind of encryption Epicor require?

I tried to use some examples from the following link

but I am not able to make it work, in the other hand the link above suggest to use the following dll, Epicor.System.dll by using the following code

// Returns: 46uIY6/nQjHL5mX1KeE/7NtEXD3MIOblGxpVRH5ZWXNORGsNwT3WHg== for example. Epicor.Security.Cryptography.SHA.Hasher.ComputeHash(“manager”);

Using the same dll, the code above is not available in 10.2.300, this is the code available

Epicor.Security.Cryptography.X509.Encryptor.ComputeHashToBase64String

I tried to use it and it is not working…

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks for your help

Use a UBAQ and call the BO from the UBAQ
Then you can use all the internal functions including the generator of password hash

4 Likes

I agree with @josecgomez but for understanding, see Haso’s Post.

2 Likes

Thanks… I will do.
however, Do you know the dll that I should use to encrypt
I am trying to use Ice.Lib.Cryptography.dll

I fixed the link. Haso was using these:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using System.Security.Cryptography;

@erzt23 did you get this working? I also have a need for this and trying to call UserFileSvc.ChangePassword but it is not accepting the byte array I am computing for the current and new password.

This is the error I am getting

See more info in the Inner Exception section of Exception Details. ---> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Error occurred while decoding OAEP padding.