Change Part UOM Class

In the past I have been able to change the UOM Class of a part record if the part had no transactions, and was not part of a BOM. If it was a material on a BOM, if I removed it and checked in the method, then returned to Part Entry, the UOM Class selection would be enabled and I could make the change.

I tried this on a part today, but UOM Class and Inventory UOM were still disabled. I verified that the part has no transactions, etc. I was even able to delete the part, but could not change the UOM. If the part can be deleted, it apparently has no transactions and is not tied to any other records, so I’m not sure why the UOM Class stayed locked.

Any ideas?

I am running E10.2.500.20

Thank you

I would check the following:

• Order
  • PO
  • BOM
  • PO Suggestion
  • Forecast

You should be able to go to Part UOM Conversion and select your new unit of measure. Once you submit, it will either work or it will at least give you an error message that will give you a hint, like it’s on a cycle count, open PO, open RMA, etc

1 Like

Thank you both for your responses.

I think it was a reference on a quote that might have caused the issue. I forgot about Part UOM Conversion, it has been a long time since I’ve used it. Thank you for the reminder.

Sorry to necro this post, but it directly pertains to a questions i have. I am trying to run the Part UOM Conversion Maintenance, but got an error when submitting that said Missing Conversion to UOM Code Case. Would you have any idea what this means?

1 Like

Your class from or to has a UOM of Case and Case does not have a conversion to the base UOM likely EA.

You must add the UOM to the class you are converting to. You can delete it after the conversion but both classes for example must have “EA”.