Change release from make direct to just take from stock

Thank you for the reply, Rob.

User did not remove Engineered and Released before trying to Unlink, so that button was greyed out.
Thanks! problem fixed now.

----- Original Message ----
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:12:48 PM
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Change release from make direct to just take from stock

You have to 1st break the link to the original make direct job (typically done in Job Manager). This job will then be a make to stock job.

Now you can uncheck the make direct box on the sale order/line/release & ship you new found stock.

Rob Brown

--- On Wed, 6/25/08, Tony Hughes <thughes281@yahoo. com> wrote:
Subject: [Vantage] Change release from make direct to just take from stock
To: vantage@yahoogroups .com
Date: Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 10:29 AM

The order was created, release was marked "make to order" and the job to make it was created and started.

The job is in WIP.

There's a part in stock (released from a canceled job) and so we want to ship the "in stock" part rather than wait on the job that was to make the part.

What's the process for correctly doing this?

on the Order, I can't change the "Make Direct", so do I just delete the release, and add a new one for the part that's in stock?

Is this the "best" way of doing this?

Thank you for any advice.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
The order was created, release was marked "make to order" and the job to make it was created and started.
The job is in WIP.

There's a part in stock (released from a canceled job) and so we want to ship the "in stock" part rather than wait on the job that was to make the part.

on the Order, I can't change the "Make Direct", so do I just delete the release, and add a new one for the part that's in stock?

You have to 1st break the link to the original make direct job (typically done in Job Manager). This job will then be a make to stock job.

Now you can uncheck the make direct box on the sale order/line/release & ship you new found stock.

Rob Brown

--- On Wed, 6/25/08, Tony Hughes <thughes281@...> wrote:
Subject: [Vantage] Change release from make direct to just take from stock
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 10:29 AM

The job is in WIP.