Change Resource Group ID for Open Jobs

For the Set Field By Query Widget I have the following properties:
MyQuery = ttResults (all fields)
update all rows of
tsJobs.JobOpDtl
with mapping as show:
img27

Can you make show some screen shots of your process to change things in the UI? I’m not sure what you are doing there.

Which UI process are you looking for? I have posted so many images and errors at this point I am not sure either.

Have either of you successfully updated a resource group ID for an open job using a BPM? It looks like Ken was almost there with one of his images.

I would hate to be wasting all of our time when Epicor has this process locked up behind the scenes.

The stock epicor process. I want to see what you are doing in the job entry screen.

Nope, never had a need to.

I can’t post the images, but its a pretty simple process. I outlined back in post 28:

Yes, I did run the trace while updating a job using the JobEntry form.

• I opened the form, then started the trace.
  • Typed in my job number.
  • Clicked Op 40 in the tree view.
  • Clicked the Resource in the tree view.
  • Selected a new Resource Group from the list.
  • Copied the value from the Resource Group box.
  • Clicked on Op 40 in the tree view.
  • Pasted that value back into the operation Description field.
  • Saved the job.
  • Ended the trace.

In this case, op 40 is the op that uses the resourcegroupid that I want to change. For my testing I set this to “4AAA” and I want to change it to “12VA”. But I reckon any values in there should be ok as long as they are valid IDs.

Just a regular updateable BAQ works fine. I think we are just over complicating it.

UpdateResourceID.baq (31.5 KB)

1 Like

Ah HA! There must be something else going on!
Using your uBAQ, I only changed my job number and got this error:

Severity: Exception, Table: JobOpDtl, Field: , RowID: dedc528f-428f-40e3-a632-558e8c55f93e, Text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Are you changing operations? or resources? 2 different things here.

Only ResourceGroupID. The operations all remain the same.

Then why are you changing the description on the operation?

When are you getting the exception? When you get list? when you update?

MyGif6

Then why are you changing the description on the operation?

Yes, in the JobEntry UI, I do go back to the Operation level and update the description to match the Resource. This may just be the way our company uses the fields, but it is required. For the example we have been working on the past day, I only am trying to update the single ResoureceGroupID field in JobOpDtl. Once I get that working I will move on to the other table, JobOper.

You have to change your settings on the GIF maker, that’s not helpful.

try this, go into the stock screen, and change it to what you want to change it to, then come back to the BAQ and change it to what it is now.

Here’s the other issue, it looks like you can’t change the primary resource. it works on OptDtlSeq 20 but not 10.

This is what I get when I try to change 10

Do you have labor on these operations already?

Edit: it’s not labor.

1 Like

Now that’s something!!! Hmmmm… Is there a way to change the primary?
We only have a primary for all of our resources. How frustrating!

Same results…

No, In this particular case, the job is open, but not engineered, released, or have any labor on the ops.

Ok got it working on a test here. Got the same error message you are seeing regarding the primary.

The query to update the table using the widget needs to be the table you are updating not the ttTable.

Annotation%202019-06-25%20140451

I’m stumped. I tried to follow the trace in code, but I can’t get that to work either.

Ken, did you get it working or did you get an error? I wish there was a way we could know if we were trying to accomplish an impossible task.

There is always A way to do it, Epicor does it somehow, we just have to figure out what it’s doing. There’s some flag or something getting set that we are missing.